Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

50 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  But why didn't he feel something while rehabbing in Florida?   If he did, they wouldn't have sent him out for the rehab.   If it was something they knew was serious and needed surgery, I don't believe they would have sent him on the rehab in the first place.

It's a pretty normal protocol to try to rehab a serious or potentially serious injury before opting for surgery.  I suspect that's where they are at now.  Hope I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cool, so it’s just the team easing Adley back into playing shape. Guess we should be used to this with Elias. 

It's absurd. 

I won't be convinced that it's not a delicate situation with his injury or that service time manipulation games are not going on until he's playing everyday (day games after nights games not withstanding). 

You couldn't get the graphic to include Rutchman's name?   LOL

Ok. Good to see.  I owe BobMC something.   Whatever it is, it won't be much.   

All eyes will be on Rutchman's next throw to 2nd base!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It's a pretty normal protocol to try to rehab a serious or potentially serious injury before opting for surgery.  I suspect that's where they are at now.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Agreed but this was not described as a strained forearm or even shoulder strain.  It was a strained triceps.    I'm no doctor but I've never heard of a serious baseball injury related to the triceps.   Obviously, I know squat about it but it didn't sound like a potentially serious injury.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I didn't say we had to like it or agree with it, I'm just saying that's what they're doing. 

I find it unusual, but won’t worry about it unless he’s out of the lineup tonight.   Then I’ll be very worried if that happens.  

Edit - just saw he’s in the lineup, and catching.   Worry level just dropped close to zero.  

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You couldn't get the graphic to include Rutchman's name?   LOL

Ok. Good to see.  I owe BobMC something.   Whatever it is, it won't be much.   

All eyes will be on Rutchman's next throw to 2nd base!!!!!!

It appears as it should on Twitter.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It's absurd. 

I won't be convinced that it's not a delicate situation with his injury or that service time manipulation games are not going on until he's playing everyday (day games after nights games not withstanding). 

It's not absurd at all. It's just conservative.

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

It appears as it should on Twitter.

It was more of a tease than a criticism!    Nice job.  Thanks for the information.   Kudos to you for guessing he'd be catching tonight.  The sky is not falling but I am still on a falling sky watch.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It's absurd. 

I’m not a fan of it either assuming that Rutschman isn’t complaining about any pain. At some point soon we need to see AR playing daily at catcher if he’s really healed up from the muscle strain.