2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is a sick lineup in year 4 of Elias. Did we really need to have another year of Martin, Bannon, and Nevin in AAA?  Couldn’t we have tried to upgrade the depth there. They’re non prospects. 

You don't get actual ML depth to stash at AAA for free.

This team has appeared to hit rock bottom about a dozen times since 2018. They may get there again with tonight's lineup.

Below, substitute "decent baseball team to cheer for" for "friend" :

“One day as I sat musing, sad and lonely without a friend, a voice came to me from out of the gloom saying, ‘Cheer up. Things could be worse.’ So I cheered up and sure enough—things got worse.”
 Joan Howard Maurer, Curly: An Illustrated Biography of the Superstooge

23 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The one upside of being sick is I missed most of the game action over the weekend. I slept through all of Saturday's game and caught part of Sunday's carnage. 

You’re very lucky I sat through Friday and Saturday debacles in person. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is a sick lineup in year 4 of Elias. Did we really need to have another year of Martin, Bannon, and Nevin in AAA?  Couldn’t we have tried to upgrade the depth there. They’re non prospects. 

It’s amusing how many posts you’ve had over the last year mentioning both Bannon and Nevin as potential options on the ML team. Your current frustration seems misguided—it isn’t that either of these guys are around, it’s more that they’re both around and featured at the same time. There were 3 legitimate MLers in the lineup tonight (maybe 4 as I refuse to permanently count McKenna out yet).

8 hours ago, survivedc said:

It’s amusing how many posts you’ve had over the last year mentioning both Bannon and Nevin as potential options on the ML team. Your current frustration seems misguided—it isn’t that either of these guys are around, it’s more that they’re both around and featured at the same time. There were 3 legitimate MLers in the lineup tonight (maybe 4 as I refuse to permanently count McKenna out yet).

I don’t think I’ve ever been a Bannon fan. Maybe when we first got him 5 years ago. Bannon is like 1/5th the player Stevie Wilkerson was. 

This lineup is terrible now with Hays and Mountcastle hurt. Mateo is missed too. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Zimmermann is going to have no margin for error against the Yankees with today's Orioles lineup. 

All righthanded lineup vs Montgomery.

Montgomery in his career gives up a .587 OPS to lefties and a .717 OPS to righties.

This is our second all-RH lineup of the year.   We had one April 17 vs Nestor Cortes and the Yankees, and we won 5-0.

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

All righthanded lineup vs Montgomery.

Montgomery in his career gives up a .587 OPS to lefties and a .717 OPS to righties.

This is our second all-RH lineup of the year.   We had one April 17 vs Nestor Cortes and the Yankees, and we won 5-0.

I'd feel better about the team's chances today if Mountcastle was playing. I hope this all RH lineup works to avoid the four game home sweep versus the Yankees.