2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I mean, if he plays the next 7 games, he'll probably break 130. He probably needs to sit 2-3 games, counting today.

It's at bats not plate appearances.

He's at 93 at bats.

A player shall be considered a rookie unless he has exceeded any of the following thresholds in a previous season (or seasons):

• 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues.
• 45 total days on an active Major League roster during the Championship Season (excluding time on the Injured List).

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

OMG.  The guy has played in every single game since he arrived.   He’s probably going to play every day after today.  God forbid he starts a game on the bench against a tough lefty.  How will he ever be prepared for next year? 

So after we lose tonight because he needs a day off against a tough lefty and we end up finishing tied or a GB of SEA I'm sure everyone will appreciate that he'll still be prepared for next year. 

I hope I'm wrong and this AAA line up crushes Dick Mountain tonight. I'll be the first to eat crow. 

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

It’s not as bad as it looks. I’m sure Orioles Twitter is soiling itself. 

I actually think he would like to give Adley a full day. 

Not like the rest are benched the whole night. 

Agreed. I think Hyde made the lineup with the intent of getting several of our main guys in there by the fifth. Adley could probably use a day off and best to come against a lefty. (I'd love for the O's to get Contreras in FA.  He could catch 2 times a week (while Adley DH's) and DH most other days. Would be an awesome fit.

9 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

So after we lose tonight because he needs a day off against a tough lefty and we end up finishing tied or a GB of SEA I'm sure everyone will appreciate that he'll still be prepared for next year. 

I hope I'm wrong and this AAA line up crushes Dick Mountain tonight. I'll be the first to eat crow. 

Suppose Henderson, who has had one hit in his last six games combined, plays tonight, goes 0 for 4, and continues to hit poorly the next week.  Think Hyde would regret not giving him a day off against a tough lefty in the middle of a stretch where the team is playing 20 days in a row?  I do.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Hyde's not the manager we need leading this team.

We need every game we can get. The best players should play the rest of the way. I don't care about splits. I don't care about rest. These guys are professionals. They can handle it.

If playing your best players means you don't make it, then it means the team isn't good enough.

We've needed every win for 2 months. I'm tired of seeing these sh-tty lineups once or twice a week because of splits.

Whether we win or not, it is the wrong decision. Trying to be too damn cute.

5 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

We need every game we can get. The best players should play the rest of the way. I don't care about splits. I don't care about rest. These guys are professionals. They can handle it.

If playing your best players means you don't make it, then it means the team isn't good enough.

We've needed every win for 2 months. I'm tired of seeing these sh-tty lineups once or twice a week because of splits.

Do you think that if Elias had an issue with this he wouldn't be overriding Hyde?

I don't think for a second that Elias just lets Hyde do his thing.

8 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

What is cute about benching guys who don’t hit lefties well against a LH starter?  How does it help the team to play them? Did Earl Weaver play John Lowenstein every game?

I think Elias does let Hyde do his thing.

We know from the articles about the family BS that Elias only answers to 1 person and he has complete control of the organization. He wanted it that way for a reason.

I think he feels the same way about his manager. Elias trusts his manager and gives him control over his domain.

Just now, Frobby said:

What is cute about benching guys who don’t hit lefties well against a LH starter?  How does it help the team to play them? Did Earl Weaver play John Lowenstein every game?

Earl wouldn't drop lineups like this when we need every win we can get. Earl would have made all of these guys play the last 2 months to give us the best chance.

Just now, Frobby said:

You aren't comparing Henderson to Lowenstein are you?

Henderson needs exposure to left handed pitching.

Someone like Rich Hill is exactly who he should be facing.

Collect that data.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

I think Elias does let Hyde do his thing.

We know from the articles about the family BS that Elias only answers to 1 person and he has complete control of the organization. He wanted it that way for a reason.

I think he feels the same way about his manager. Elias trusts his manager and gives him control over his domain.

I don't agree.

I think Elias wants his hands on as much as possible.

Heck he ran the draft his first year here, what GM does that?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't agree.

I think Elias wants his hands on as much as possible.

Heck he ran the draft his first year here, what GM does that?

I'd expect the GM to run his first draft, absolutely.

I'm confused. Some of you guys are bigger nerds about this than I am. Why wouldn't Elias run his first draft? He was hired in November.

Just now, spleen1015 said:

I'd expect the GM to run his first draft, absolutely.

I'm confused. Some of you guys are bigger nerds about this than I am. Why wouldn't Elias run his first draft? He was hired in November.

Because running a draft is a full time job by itself.  On top of the hugely time intensive and stressful job of being a GM.

I don't agree with everything the man does but he's certainly got a work ethic that puts mine to shame.

Luckily for him he was already going grey before he took the job.