2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

In a year of terrible lineups, this might be the worst one yet.  Had to DH Urias so we can get Owings "bat" in the lineup.

No way is it the worst, it's got Hays & Mateo in it.   Tough to be worse than a couple of those lineups in Det or Game 1 vs the Yankees that didn't have either of those guys.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Adley Rutschman is batting sixth tonight in his MLB debut. Dare I say the lineup is looking a little frisky tonight with Mountcastle and Adley playing. 

Adley bumped Odor from the 6th spot to a more appropriate 8th. 

In the first 41 games, the Orioles greatest margin of victory has been five runs three times.

In the 5-0 win over NYY on Apr 17*, the team had to use A relievers Bautista, Tate and Lopez

In the 9-4 win over MIN on May 4, the team had to use A relievers Perez, Tate and Lopez

In the 6-1 win over KC on May 9, the team had to use A relievers Bautista and Lopez.

*dropping the now 29-10 NYY to 5-5

There hasn't really been any of the 16 wins where the next day the bullpen was in really good shape, or we've had occasion to use the Nice to have a Laugher Once in a While thread.    Predicting here the Bats are going to get us one of those in the not too distant future.

Rutschman is the DH again today because he played part of yesterday's game at catcher. Hyde says Rutschman will catch the next two games this week. Not really a surprise with how the organization has treated their prospects under Elias. 

I'm assuming when Rutschman gets more experience he will start catching more often. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Rutschman is the DH again today because he played part of yesterday's game at catcher. Hyde says Rutschman will catch the next two games this week. Not really a surprise with how the organization has treated their prospects under Elias. 

I'm assuming when Rutschman gets more experience he will start catching more often. 

The two games that I was at this week  Mateo looked  homer happy. Mateo either strikes out or tries to hit an outside pitch out and pops up. He did walk yesterday, so 2 walks in last 33 games  Having three guys in the lineup with a .260 or less  OBP is not ideal.Long season so maybe one of the infielders will get hot.