Tex signed?

Old Beta

Time is not an issue..in negotiations there is no day, night..when things are moving, you keep going. I recall the Yanks, Sabathia was leaked to the press at about this time in the morning...

I doubt that anyone would accept (totally) an in hand physical..it is like believing someone about a used car. The O's would want their Drs. to review and confirm the findings.

I won't believe it until Belkast, BigBird, et al confirm. this has been too much of a rollercoaster for me.

If true, I will love the mud in eye for Gammons in particular. He will come up with some last minute thing happened that surprised everyone.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, Tex has no history of injury. I agree with everyone that AM (and ESPECIALLY PA :rolleyes: ) isn't going to ignore the physical, just that it's more of a formality than a necessity. Tex is good to go.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems a bit strange he said he would be up until 3 am working on a contract and then he posts this at 3.

Maybe this story is true, maybe it isn't but the time the guy posted it is irrelevant. Perhaps he posted it once he got in and on his comp, doesn't mean he didn't hear the news much earlier.

This thread will explode as soon as the sleepy heads wake up. How do you people sleep SO late?

This is how Orioles fans will be after reading this thread.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcRd5hhN88&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcRd5hhN88&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry, but I am not falling for this, not buying it for a second. I simply do not believe that if we have signed him, that this team would not be hitting every outlet as soon as the ink dried to say, "look, we outbid you and signed him!". Nah, this is nothing but a rumor at this point. Take it with a grain of salt.

Seriously. It's like nobody learns from past "mistakes." Or never learned "never count your chickens before they've hatched."

Hey, it's fun to extend disbelief. To throw yourself behind the latest rumor and then have it actually come true.

One chicken. Two chickens. Three chickens...

:D

It's hard not to feel a little boost in confidence, but I can't believe anything 'til I see it etched in stone, at this point. I appreciate everything the insiders do, but I've been fooled too many times before to get excited so recklessly anymore.

I am reminded of a chidlren's tale that teaches the lesson that warns against "crying wolf" too many times!

<image src= "http://students.ou.edu/J/Curtis.N.Johnston-1/red_riding_hood.jpg">

Trust me, I hope this is true, but I have suspicions.

This thread will explode as soon as the sleepy heads wake up. How do you people sleep SO late?

Anyway, if true, this is the news we've been waiting for. Unfortunately, even if true, we may not hear an official release for a while yet. Wonder who the O's will let break the news? Hopefully not ESPN, and we know for sure it won't be WNST. I am gonna go for either Viv at 10am or Roch.

As a side note, everybody is asking why this got posted so late. I woudl imagine if a deal was struck last night (and keep in mind, that is still a big IF) I'm sure it was pretty late, then they probably hung out for a little while sipping on some adult beverages, and THEN this guy's source texted our guy. Its not like as soon as the deal was signed the text went out. It was probably a few hours after the fact. Just my opinion.

My guess is they let someone at MASN "break" the story. Roch or Steve M. most likely.

I'm thinking they've told them, "Look we have a "big story" coming in the next couple of days. If you don't try to jump the gun on it we'll give you a half hour headstart."

Archived