Tex signed?

Old Beta

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It IS 5 am... :P

Something I question, if 7117's post was dated 3:40am, I find it hard to believe AM and Boras and Tex are working this far into the wee hours, even for something this important. Could also be just that 7117's source heard it later, texted 7117 even later, and he posted even later.

I'm just rambling here... hope it's true.

This is all pure speculation, and maybe something I'm thinking of and probably nowhere near true.... but in the Ravech/SC/Tex thread in the later pages, 7117 did mention something about 3 am this morning, and working on a contract and then someone went Sherlock Holmes on him and it almost made sense that he was talking about the Tex saga. But he was saying he was working on another contract and he wished it was the Tex one.

And then he made that latest post at around 3:40 am....hmmmm :scratchchinhmm::laughlol: and the plot thickens....

Again, Relax. My post wasn't suggesting that everything is done. I was just telling everyone that the media will be picking up on the Tex thing.

I don't think posters should read too much into what Belkast is saying. After all, bigbird reported yesterday that the two sides were still haggling over opt out provisions, up front money and a no trade clause, and that the Red Sox were still in the picture. If Belkast says he "wasn't suggesting that everything is done," I don't see that as much of a change.

Is Baseball7117 a reliable source?

Whether he is or isn't, it just doesn't matter. Unless he is Tex or MacPhail or Angelos, NOTHING is official until its official, regardless of how credible 7117 is.

Its fun to discuss and analyze all the insider stuff and all, but it is what it is...rumor! Take it with a grain of salt...preferably with said salt lined on the rim of a margarita glass! :D

I'm concerned that we've shifted from confident optimism to "wait for the media announcement". I suppose it was clear that Belkast wasn't going to break the final word, so this doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed for the worse. But I am getting anxious about all the conflicting tidbits out there.

I am not sure there is a source telephone book so that Belky can look up and say, oh yeah he is legit.:) Or maybe there is!!

I guess I was asking because if the info is not true then Belkast can answer NO. But if the info is true then Belkast could say YES with some degree of certainty.

All I know is, you can cut the tension with a knife around here. I hope this ends soon, and I hope to God that Tex comes home!

My heart and my brain can't take much more of this, I really need to step away from this thing for a few hours, for my own health!!:laughlol:

Archived