Tex signed?

Old Beta

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think posters should read too much into what Belkast is saying. After all, bigbird reported yesterday that the two sides were still haggling over opt out provisions, up front money and a no trade clause, and that the Red Sox were still in the picture. If Belkast says he "wasn't suggesting that everything is done," I don't see that as much of a change.

It is a change in the respect that a few days ago Belkast said we could, 'bag it', and now he's clarifying that he isn't saying anything's done. The tone of his messages has got more pessimistic (even if it wasn't deliberate) at the same time everyone else is getting more optimistic....go figure -)

That'd be pretty funny, but I do believe the vetted "insiders" tend to talk amongst themselves.

We do. The guy in question seemed to be hearing what Bigbird and I were hearing as well. Again, my point was for everyone to relax until we hear something from the media. As we all know things CAN CHANGE quickly. I have experienced that change more then I have wanted too. With that said, as of last night things were looking very, very good. I am extremely excited but I am also keeping in mind that things do change quickly.

Now to satisfy some here with how I feel..........:):):):):):):):)

It is a change in the respect that a few days ago Belkast said we could, 'bag it', and now he's clarifying that he isn't saying anything's done. The tone of his messages has got more pessimistic (even if it wasn't deliberate) at the same time everyone else is getting more optimistic....go figure -)

Actually, and this is coming from someone who is firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp, you could interpret his responses that way, or in another way: It's so close that he's actually holding back on purpose. I know that seems weird and contradictory, but when you've really removed yourself emotionally from this process it makes a weird and contradictory sense.

Does anyone notice that the only people on the planet that have Tex with th O's are 2 or 3 guys on this site? I want Tex. I hate that I am on O's fan. And it is gonna suck when he is here in a Sox jersey, but, he is not gonna sign with the O's for less money. Our payroll is gonna be 30 million after this season. That includes 10 for Nick. In 97, is was 93 million. We could probably handle 125 or so. It is ridiculus that we don't have the high bid. Especially when you see that the next decent Free Agent class is 2012.4 more seasons.

Heres a hint. The Front Office does not care.

We are doomed to lose.

Even if all of our prospects pan out, the Sox and Yanks will buy the best available.

:cussing:

We do. The guy in question seemed to be hearing what Bigbird and I were hearing as well. Again, my point was for everyone to relax until we hear something from the media. As we all know things CAN CHANGE quickly. I have experienced that change more then I have wanted too. With that said, as of last night things were looking very, very good. I am extremely excited but I am also keeping in mind that things do change quickly.

See, told you it made sense.

Does anyone notice that the only people on the planet that have Tex with th O's are 2 or 3 guys on this site? I want Tex. I hate that I am on O's fan. And it is gonna suck when he is here in a Sox jersey, but, he is not gonna sign with the O's for less money.

I'm not optimistic at all about him signing here. But, who suggested that he was signing here for less cash? Or, are you just making this up to try and prove some point?

Our payroll is gonna be 30 million after this season. That includes 10 for Nick. In 97, is was 93 million. We could probably handle 125 or so.

It is ridiculus that we don't have the high bid. Especially when you see that the next decent Free Agent class is 2012.4 more seasons.
How do you know that we don't?

We are doomed to lose.

Even if all of our prospects pan out, the Sox and Yanks will buy the best available.

Why are you here again?

Belkast,

A couple of questions

1) Will Obama turn the economy around?

2) What is in store for Guy Ritchie post Madonna?

3) What are your insiders telling you about tillman winning 400 games as a Major League starter?

I just figured everyone puts a lot of pressure on you to answer every question on earth so I thought I'd try some of mine...:)

Seriously, thanks for all the info. Don't be listening to all the haters...you're doing a service here.

Does anyone notice that the only people on the planet that have Tex with th O's are 2 or 3 guys on this site? I want Tex. I hate that I am on O's fan. And it is gonna suck when he is here in a Sox jersey, but, he is not gonna sign with the O's for less money. Our payroll is gonna be 30 million after this season. That includes 10 for Nick. In 97, is was 93 million. We could probably handle 125 or so. It is ridiculus that we don't have the high bid. Especially when you see that the next decent Free Agent class is 2012.4 more seasons.

We are doomed to lose.

Keep thinking those positive thoughts...

We are doomed to lose.

You're right, he's not gonna sign with the O's for less money. That's why we are offering more than the Sox.

Hmmm. You were using the green smiley face with all the teeth showing

and switched to the yellow with the more reserved smile.....could this be

a sign????

Just kidding. Thanks for all the updates!!!

We are doomed to lose.

Frank here is a message board-hug for you. Sounds like you need one

Archived