Tex signed?

Old Beta

I can see the photo now on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Scott Boras wearing a crown as the "KIng" with Mark on one side and Manny on the other. All will be appearing with a big smile and it reads "The 20 Million Dollar Guys." I still say Teixeira to the Orioles and Ramirez to the Yankees. Ramirez could go to the Angels and since Boras has great seats at their games he may not want to burn the bridge with the Angels owner Moreno. The other side of this......does he want to get on the bad side of the Steinbrenners?

Will Boras deliver Lowe to the Orioles to help our staff? The Phillies have dropped out so it appears to be the Red Sox and Yankees and some think the Yankees are no longer in on Lowe. Do they really need him? They will sign Pettitte soon. I think the Red Sox need another hitter with some power. Is it Dunn?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am here following all the hype and setting myself up for massive heartache. I just think its common sense. Who are these guys sources? Why has nothing leaked out anywhere but here. I mean, are some of these guys woodward and bernstein or what? F. Mark Felt? G Gordon Liddy?

I see everyone say "my source" or whatever. Who are they? I mean for all I know, its the popcorn guy from section 72 upper reserve.

I'm not trying to upset you.

I guess I'm just frustrated.

The established insiders have been vetted by the staff. They've had to divulge their source to site staff, who then determine if that source is legit enough to be considered a true source.

And even then, all, ALL, of this info is considered to be in a constant state of flux.

I understand your frustrations, but look at it this way, and you said it yourself: You're setting YOURSELF up for massive heartache. Why do that to yourself. Step back and simply observe, and react when there's something TO react to.

I am here following all the hype and setting myself up for massive heartache. I just think its common sense. Who are these guys sources? Why has nothing leaked out anywhere but here. I mean, are some of these guys woodward and bernstein or what? F. Mark Felt? G Gordon Liddy?

I see everyone say "my source" or whatever. Who are they? I mean for all I know, its the popcorn guy from section 72 upper reserve.

There are many posters on this site who work inside the Orioles organzation. They are, almost without exception, very knowledgeable, very accurate, and very reliable. I'm not sure that I should name names.

But, read the posts, young padawan, and you will learn.

We're not upset dude. It's just I'm an optimist about pretty much everything in life. Its got to play out. I'm not saying he's signing here. But I'm not ready to rule it out. What would you rather hear that we have no chance of signing him? Is their a chance he won't sign here? Sure. But I'm not ready to give up yet. I'm holding out for a fighting chance.

I'm a survivor...like Beyonce.

My guy is the shakin' lemonade guy. :D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

I can see the photo now on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Scott Boras wearing a crown as the "KIng" with Mark on one side and Manny on the other. All will be appearing with a big smile and it reads "The 20 Million Dollar Guys." I still say Teixeira to the Orioles and Ramirez to the Yankees. Ramirez could go to the Angels and since Boras has great seats at their games he may not want to burn the bridge with the Angels owner Moreno. The other side of this......does he want to get on the bad side of the Steinbrenners?

Will Boras deliver Lowe to the Orioles to help our staff? The Phillies have dropped out so it appears to be the Red Sox and Yankees and some think the Yankees are no longer in on Lowe. Do they really need him? They will sign Pettitte soon. I think the Red Sox need another hitter with some power. Is it Dunn?

I'd love to see Manny go to the Angels, but that wouldn't be good for their team. He's a good hitter, but their OF is full of guys who can hit but can't field anymore. Manny isn't a BAD fielder, but he's not exactly known for his defense. Vlad isn't GG Vlad anymore. That leaves GMAT and Hunter. Is Gary a full-tme player? Would you give him LF and let Manny and Vlad split time at RF and DH? If the Angels aren't careful, they'll turn into NYY West. At least the Sox have some real athleticism and speed on their team.

The established insiders have been vetted by the staff. They've had to divulge their source to site staff, who then determine if that source is legit enough to be considered a true source.

And even then, all, ALL, of this info is considered to be in a constant state of flux.

I understand your frustrations, but look at it this way, and you said it yourself: You're setting YOURSELF up for massive heartache. Why do that to yourself. Step back and simply observe, and react when there's something TO react to.

Exactly. Belkast just said that THINGS CAN CHANGE. I would not believe anything that comes out in the media, or necessarily trust anything an insider says when a Boras client is involved.

I'm not saying that as a dig at Belkast, BB, or anyone else. I'm just saying that the information their people are getting may be tainted because I think Boras and his people are very good at distributing disinformation. Even Angelos himself could think this is a done deal, and I wouldn't be surprised if it changed.

For the love of everthing holy, we have been through this a thousand bagillion times before. BB/Belkast/Sonny/Peace have all be vetted by the management of this website. They are not the popcorn guy or the guy selling T-shirts in the Orioles shop. They have legitimate sources who provide them with the best information they can.

Nothing personal, I just feel like this question has been asked at least 100 times in the past week.

Your right. i apologize. Like I said, I am not trying to upset anyone. I would feel better if it were confirmed that the O's upped to 8 years.

Frank...here are so philisophical words of wisdon

"Kenneth I want you to realize something. Life is precious. If you don't remember anything else remember this. Treat every week...like its shark week"

Tracey Jordan

Archived