Wire to Wire: The '97 Orioles

KAZ97

On 5/21/2022 at 9:45 AM, KAZ97 said:

That's great, thanks.  I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Just finished it and I loved it! I can relate to your story a lot as a 20 something living in Northern VA (Warrenton) still looking to find my place at least in terms of work (Real estate is the latest place I'm looking). Of course I can relate to the intense love of the Orioles as well. The way you reminisce about the '97 team is a lot like how I reminisce about the '12 and '14 teams. 

7 hours ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

Just finished it and I loved it! I can relate to your story a lot as a 20 something living in Northern VA (Warrenton) still looking to find my place at least in terms of work (Real estate is the latest place I'm looking). Of course I can relate to the intense love of the Orioles as well. The way you reminisce about the '97 team is a lot like how I reminisce about the '12 and '14 teams. 

Glad you liked it! Spread the word.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, KAZ97 said:

For those of you who read the book, you know the connection between me and Mike Bordick.  I was thrilled to get him a copy.  Can't wait for his review!

y4mco05J6812QSJ_V3_8cNR6CzipHOLajDS4Lfjx

Any other reviews from the OH community?

Just bought it on kindle and hope to read it at some point, but not sure when I’ll have the time. I’m mid 30s and have two kids one of whom is 4 months so I don’t have a ton of down time but looking forward to it. I was 11 in 97 but went to a few playoff games with my dad. 

love this photo as I just got one with Bordick at the Bowie game Sunday .

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2022 at 11:23 AM, KAZ97 said:

For those of you who read the book, you know the connection between me and Mike Bordick.  I was thrilled to get him a copy.  Can't wait for his review!

y4mco05J6812QSJ_V3_8cNR6CzipHOLajDS4Lfjx

Any other reviews from the OH community?

When I first saw this pic, I thought is was a photo of Mike Mussina and the other guy was you instead of Bordick. 😛

1997 is one of my favorite Orioles seasons even with the way it ended and I'm going to check out your book at some point. Now, I know a Christmas gift I can tell people to buy me. 

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

When I first saw this pic, I thought is was a photo of Mike Mussina and the other guy was you instead of Bordick. 😛

1997 is one of my favorite Orioles seasons even with the way it ended and I'm going to check out your book at some point. Now, I know a Christmas gift I can tell people to buy me. 

That is really funny! If you read the book, you’ll see you are not the first to mistake me for Mussina.