The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

This place really looks like it's bracing for disappointment. Did I miss something, or is it just the pile-up of the national media and the ever-expanding passage of time?

If by "passage of time" you are referring to the last 11 seasons of Orioles baseball, then yes, I think that has a lot to do with some people's pessimism.

I'm optimistic because I think there's too much smoke about Angelos really wanting Tex. He's an 80 year old, proud man that hasn't had success with this franchise. Put yourself in his shoes and think about how high he'll go for Tex.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weren't two sure fire Hall of Famers run out of Boston prior to their decline? I am referring to Roger Clemens and Wade Boggs!

Run out? They both took more money to go elsewhere. That was back during the John Harrington Ownership/Stewardship when ownership was characterizing the team as "mid market,"

The fans didn't "boo" them out of town in fact Clemens remained a popular figure to many Sox fans until he joined the Yankees.

Run out? They both took more money to go elsewhere. That was back during the John Harrington Ownership/Stewardship when ownership was characterizing the team as "mid market,"

The fans didn't "boo" them out of town in fact Clemens remained a popular figure to many Sox fans until he joined the Yankees.

What were the Orioles refered to as in the mid-to-late 90's?

Archived