The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regardless of what Teixeira said at the football game (the Georgia Tech game, I mean), I would be surprised if this came to a swift conclusion.

Given what we know about Scott Boras, he will drag this thing out forever if he can.

I think he generally gets things done in December, though. Zito was signed what, 12/28? Damon was 12/21 or thereabouts. Varitek 12/24. Drew was 12/6. These couple of weeks are Boras' prime feeding time. I doubt it would drag out to January.

hey we could do a rats game!!! Im from the Glens Falls area' date=' believe it or not, we have a good core of O's fans up here. in the summer we get together once a week and watch the O's. Our softball team used to be Orange and black, until we got a Red Sox freak for a sponsor.

I agree with you guys on Sinkoff, but its nice to here Orioles stuff once in awhile.

Do a good service

Punch a Yankee fan!!!!!!!!!!!!:cussing::deadhorse:[/quote']

I make about 6 trips a year up to visit my mother, who lives in a retirement home in Fort Edward. What time is this Sinkoff guy on, I'm always looking for something to pop on the radio when I'm driving my mother around for errands or things like that?

Man. It got dead around here.

I think everyone is completely exhausted and I want to thank Scott Boras for that.

After looking at the media reports, I think this is what is going on:

If Baltimore pays what any one else pays, Tex first choice will be Baltimore (he can opt out in 4 years and still can sign with a contending team)

Boras is sending reports to the media that O's are not really in it and there offer is low (Trying to drive the price up).

Our Front Office is sending signals to our local guys saying that a Tex signing is not looking good (AM does not want to show desperation to Scott Boras)

Boras is using leverage and AM is trying to not overpay.

In the end, I think this takes a couple more days and Tex is an O.

I too heard Sinkhoff as I am from Glens Falls area. Maybe he has a point about this, but in the longrun, being a long time fan, you know that somehow, someway, the Red Sox , or the evil empire are going to have the final say. As an O's fan, they have made a more than adequete offer. If Tex feels winning is more important than being a face of the Orioles , than so be it. If we get some pitching, we are not that far behind with Tex in the middle of our lineup

The thought of all of this being over is almost surreal. It's become habit forming to check the status each day upon waking up and throughout the day thereafter. Once his decision has been made- for better or worse, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. :scratchchinhmm:

The thought of all of this being over is almost surreal. It's become habit forming to check the status each day upon waking up and throughout the day thereafter. Once his decision has been made- for better or worse, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. :scratchchinhmm:

It's never going to end, it's going to be groundhog day,

Well that goes along with what the FO has been letting people believe. That 7/150 is our initial and offer and we have no reason to budge on it just yet. Is it just me or does wanting to play somewhere matter more then the money here? I mean when you have 7/150 million offered to you what is the difference in getting 8/160. That extra 10 mil at the end of the 8th year doesn't change your life style, your kids lifestyle or your grand kids life style. If your gonna be happy in Baltimore play in baltimore. If winning today rather then tomorrow makes you happy go to Boston.

Archived