The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am just saying that a lot of you will continue to support the team financially even if they cointinue to suck like a hoover.

I quit supporting them with my dollars and viewership last season. I have been a HUGE Orioles fan since the 1979 W.S. but decided that as long as an Angelos owns this team I can't support them.

It seems though that it will take more than getting worse every season for over 10 years, losing a game 30-3, and the release of the awesome Howie Clark to cause some of you to realize Angelos is not a winner. ;)

:D

Well, if that's how you feel, I don't know why you bother coming on this site.

Perhaps some people just enjoy going to baseball games, watching them on TV and in general following their team. I want my team to win too, but it's hard to appreciate winning if you haven't gone through the losing.

One thing is for sure....It gets to the point where it is tough to ignore all the media reports saying we are out of it.

So...Angelos couldn't be so greedy as to have Tex schilling his tv station, while not having to actually pay him to play on his team, could he? Oh God...Oh No!

:vader:

Am I the only one that really can't even fathom Tex being a Nat?

Like no disrespect, but what are they offering (outside of $)

Well, what are we really offering other than money and the chance to play for his favorite team growing up? Hopefully those two things are enough.

I don't believe for one second that Peter Gammons KNOWS that Teixeira is going to make a decision between now and tomorrow night.

Even in Roch's blog, it says that it's his opinion.

The biggest question in everyone's mind is simply whether or not we have budged from our initial offer of 7/$140. If we haven't, and Gammons' opinion is correct, then I am confident in saying that Teixeira isn't coming to Baltimore.

But, we have heard from sources here that we have in fact upped the initial offer.

So the bottom line is, nobody has the faintest idea about what's true and what's not and the only way we'll be positive is when we see this character standing at a podium with a jersey on. Hopefully it's sooner than later because this is really maddening for many, many, O's fans.

Belkast did in fact say that there would be negative reports coming out of the national media before resolution. We got that today. In a weird way, that encouraged me.

I disagree to some extent. I believe exactly what AM has said. He has told Boras that if Tex wants to be here, let us know the dollar amount that will do it, and we will consider it. If it's right for us, we're good to go. Gammons has been not the best for info for awhile.

One thing is for sure....It gets to the point where it is tough to ignore all the media reports saying we are out of it.

I don't know. Most of the mainstream media never thought the O's were really in it. Maybe they don't have a lot to go on, and feel like they have to report something.

I make about 6 trips a year up to visit my mother, who lives in a retirement home in Fort Edward. What time is this Sinkoff guy on, I'm always looking for something to pop on the radio when I'm driving my mother around for errands or things like that?

Hes on from 3-7 PM 104.5 FM. Does your mom live at THE OAKS?

I don't know. Most of the mainstream media never thought the O's were really in it. Maybe they don't have a lot to go on, and feel like they have to report something.

There are lots of reasons to believe that the media is full of crap and a lot of reasons to think they are right.

It is pretty amazing to me that there isn't any word at all about us upping our offer in a big way...Things always get leaked...Even Bedard stuff was out there.

I disagree to some extent. I believe exactly what AM has said. He has told Boras that if Tex wants to be here, let us know the dollar amount that will do it, and we will consider it. If it's right for us, we're good to go. Gammons has been not the best for info for awhile.

I hope that is still somewhat the case...I think it's the silence, not knowing what's going on that's killing everyone. I still think the O's are still somewhat in this race...until AM says otherwise, you have to think positive.

Archived