The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are lots of reasons to believe that the media is full of crap and a lot of reasons to think they are right.

It is pretty amazing to me that there isn't any word at all about us upping our offer in a big way...Things always get leaked...Even Bedard stuff was out there.

I'm also wondering about our WOW offer. All 3 insiders seemed to agree it was on the table and they seemed to be hearing the same amount. Wonder if it is really on the table and it just hasn't leaked?

I keep hearing about the Nats...is there any way possible that they are throwing some really nutty numbers out there? I'm talking like a 10/275 deal, or something along those lines.

I am not sure if they would go that high but I think it is possible that the Nats could be really crazy...and not only that, I think they would give him a quick buyout as well.

Does anyone read any Nats boards? Do they have any insiders thinking they will get Tex?

I'm also wondering about our WOW offer. All 3 insiders seemed to all agree it was on the table and they seemed to be hearing the same amount. Wonder if it is really on the table and it just hasn't leaked?

The insiders hearing the same thing is very encouraging...unless they have the same source, in which case it may not mean as much but I don't think that is the case.

I keep hearing about the Nats...is there any way possible that they are throwing some really nutty numbers out there? I'm talking like a 10/275 deal, or something along those lines.

NO WAY is he worth that much. Unbelievable. If the Orioles are dropping out in the face of numbers like that, then Kudos Orioles. Dear Orioles: you have a power bat. His name is Matt Wieters.

Spend less cash and get Ben Sheets in here.

This "watch" almost reminds me of playing with a little kitten. You wind it up so much so that it eventually goes to sleep.

Well we've been wound up over the past few days so much everybody has almost lost interest. The Orioles and Boras have pretty much put us to sleep...

NO WAY is he worth that much. Unbelievable. If the Orioles are dropping out in the face of numbers like that, then Kudos Orioles. Dear Orioles: you have a power bat. His name is Matt Wieters.

You think Wieters is the next Piazza?

Well, what are we really offering other than money and the chance to play for his favorite team growing up? Hopefully those two things are enough.

I think there is more to it then that.

The O's have great history, and Tex knows that. He could be the next Cal Ripken here.

Another reason is AM. This team is going into the right direction, and we have a real nice core of players.

An obviously the home town and money.

The Nats just suck and it will take a while for them to even get where the O's are right now. Im thinking like 20 straight losing seasons for them.

Honestly, I cant think of any reason he wants to go to the Nats, I just dont. IMO the difference between an 7-150 contract and 8-160 contract, which is the supposed offer from the Nats right now, wouldnt steer me away from wanting to play for my hometown team.

This "watch" almost reminds me of playing with a little kitten. You wind it up so much so that it eventually goes to sleep.

Well we've been wound up over the past few days so much everybody has almost lost interest. The Orioles and Boras have pretty much put us to sleep...

I totally agree. And I need to sleep. Yet...I'm still sitting on here.

It would be better not to put as much offensive pressure on Wieters when he comes up. Tex would take some of the burden away from Jones and Markakis as well.

Archived