The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep hearing about the Nats...is there any way possible that they are throwing some really nutty numbers out there? I'm talking like a 10/275 deal, or something along those lines.

If that deal was offered, Tex would have been signed. Boras would have grabbed that one before some one sobered up.

ESPN is still reporting the O's have no shot at Teixeira and that the Nats and Sox are the "front-runners"... seriously, as much as Angelos may be viewed as stingy, etc. I HIGHLY doubt he would let the Nats a.k.a. the Bugs, whom he more or less despises, steal Tex from us... no way.

Petey may be stingy, but he would be a fool to even think about paying that much. The fact that Paetey is even in the running impresses me. It's the old Petey back in Bal'more.

But if Tex is going to cost extremely high numbers (not like he isn't already), I have to say no on Tex. For that lump of $$$, I do like the sound of Dunn. Plus more money for pitching. We won't be in 1st, but the fact of having a much better team is a good thing. No, a great thing.

Any network that believe that the NATIONALS are in the lead for Teixeira is telling us that they haven't the faintest idea of what's going on. They're just picking the team that has the highest reported offer on the table and calling them frontrunners.

I call BS on that. No chance Teixeira goes to DC.

There are lots of reasons to believe that the media is full of crap and a lot of reasons to think they are right.

It is pretty amazing to me that there isn't any word at all about us upping our offer in a big way...Things always get leaked...Even Bedard stuff was out there.

Do you think it's possible that we don't realize how good MacPhail is at keeping the media at bay?

It would be better not to put as much offensive pressure on Wieters when he comes up. Tex would take some of the burden away from Jones and Markakis as well.

The Orioles need & can afford both Tex & Sheets ...Along with Kawakami, & Wolfe/Urehara.

Not getting Tex would be a PR nightmare & will cost the Orioles bigtime with attendance.

Consider this ...Once a game becomes history the 20,000-30,000 empty seats becomes lost revenue that they can never recover. This is the reason TEX makes sense now. If we get Tex & can add 2-3 starters & make the rotation respectable we could be a pretty interesting team to watch . Thus boosting the attendance further.

If the Orioles continue on a downward spiral will have the attendance go the same way. Further damaging the Clubs value. Not a good decision.

Archived