The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

ESPN is still reporting the O's have no shot at Teixeira and that the Nats and Sox are the "front-runners"... seriously, as much as Angelos may be viewed as stingy, etc. I HIGHLY doubt he would let the Nats a.k.a. the Bugs, whom he more or less despises, steal Tex from us... no way.

Im not listening to anything ESPN says, you just cant. Think about, the way AM works, he isnt going to leak out any information on this subject. The O's could be preparing to offer a bigger contract as we speak, only time will tell.

I have all but ruled out the Nationals. Tex isnt going there, and there reported deal is only for 8 years and 160 million. The only thing they offer that the O's didnt was an extra year, and I dont see that as a deciding factor.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN is still reporting the O's have no shot at Teixeira and that the Nats and Sox are the "front-runners"... seriously, as much as Angelos may be viewed as stingy, etc. I HIGHLY doubt he would let the Nats a.k.a. the Bugs, whom he more or less despises, steal Tex from us... no way.

The Nats thing just will not go away. I believe at the end of the day they may end up putting the most money on the table. The hope is we will be close enough that Teix will choose to come to his hometown team.

Can't Angelos threaten the nats with their TV time. He should call them and tell them to pull there offer off the table or all of there games next season will be on tape delay following the O's. :rofl:

has anybody noticed that out of the 2 "major" national sports networks, only ESPN is doing all the talking regarding tex, where CNNSI doesn't have anything near the speculation occurring and its mostly just commentary and stuff thats being reported as fact based on quotes?

You would have to assume that the "O's are out of it" leak is coming from the Boras camp. Between the Hangout, Smuck, Roch and others... we have enough sources that someone would confirm it if it came from the ballclub.

In addition - it makes sense that AM would remind Boras in the media of some sort of promise that Boras has made to give the O's a chance to match any offer. AM is counting on this opportunity to deliver the "WOW" offer - which is what Belkast believes will land Tex.

Do you even know what E Pluribus unum means? Out of many, one.

So you just said Out of many Orioles. Way to go. It's probably people like you that start stupid rumors saying the O's are about to sign Tex...

Actually, I think that makes perfect sense, it just needs a comma: "out of many, Orioles." Meaning, out of all the teams bidding on Teix the O's perservered. ;-)

Everytime my girlfriend asks me what I'm doing on my phone,y response has been the same for the last 3 wks, "on Orioleshangout." I suspect she's getting pretty irritated. I haven't even had the time to go Christmas shopping because of this stuff.

Archived