The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is something else I am struggling with:

1) If we have a wow offer out there and are just hammering out minor details, why haven't other teams leaked that?

2) And if we are the only team talking to Tex, why hasn't any other team talked about that as well?

AM may be good at not leaking info but that doesn't mean other teams are.

1) If we have a wow offer out there and are just hammering out minor details, why haven't other teams leaked that?

2) And if we are the only team talking to Tex, why hasn't any other team talked about that as well?

Maybe, just maybe, Boras isn't telling the other teams this because PGA wants this as hush hush as possible.

After thinking about this alot, I have come to the conclusion that none of this makes any sense. I have given up trying to figure out why one writer or insider might say one thing and another might say the opposite.

Great questions.

Now, I'm not saying that this is true, but is it possible that Tex really wants to play with the Orioles and he and Boras are just keeping things close to the vest?

Normally, there would be some sort of information out. Tex would be interviewed or Boras would make a statement...something. It's like they've both disappeared.

One word Boris - he's not going to reveal anything until he has everything he wants

We're not the only team still negotiating with Tex. :(

1.) We dont have a "wow offer"

Maybe AM has told Boras that the wow offer is kaput if it gets leaked.

We're not the only team still negotiating with Tex. :(

Wow...if this is the case, I'm guessing the playing here really isn't necessarily his dream. I'm not saying that he should just roll over and let us pay him whatever we want, but you'd think that if he really wanted to be here this would be done by now.

Archived