The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Maybe, just maybe, Boras isn't telling the other teams this because PGA wants this as hush hush as possible.

But then other teams would be talking about how Boras isn't returning calls or talking to them.

And if the Orioles have reached an agreement with the Orioles, then Boras shouldn't be talking to other teams about signing him.

It just doesn't add up.

Something that has been said isn't factually correct, whether it be from our insiders, the media or the O's themselves.

Something isn't right and unfortunately, I don't think that is a good thing for the Orioles.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great questions.

Now, I'm not saying that this is true, but is it possible that Tex really wants to play with the Orioles and he and Boras are just keeping things close to the vest?

Normally, there would be some sort of information out. Tex would be interviewed or Boras would make a statement...something. It's like they've both disappeared.

I agree that this has gone from overwhelmingly LOUD, to completely silent in a matter of 12 hours.

At this point, you just throw your arms up in the air and say, "we'll see."

I did find it interesting that Ravech reported that Tex & Boras "kept coming back to the Orioles." He obviously got that report from someone in the mix. Obviously, that report has been washed over by Olney's latest and Gammons' inability to even recall that there is a team in Baltimore... so again, sit back and spectate. Hopefully we'll have resolution by the weekend because frankly, the misinformation and hyperbole are quite tiresome.

Hes on from 3-7 PM 104.5 FM. Does your mom live at THE OAKS?

Yep. I'll be there next week, Tuesday through Saturday.

Thanks, I'll tune him in. I often listen to the FAN on the drive up, they have a knack for talking about baseball at almost any time of the year.

But then other teams would be talking about how Boras isn't returning calls or talking to them.

And if the Orioles have reached an agreement with the Orioles, then Boras shouldn't be talking to other teams about signing him.

It just doesn't add up.

Something that has been said isn't factually correct, whether it be from our insiders, the media or the O's themselves.

Something isn't right and unfortunately, I don't think that is a good thing for the Orioles.

Yup...just like I said in my last post. If Tex wanted to be here, this would be done.

We're not the only team still negotiating with Tex. :(

And this is what it has to be...The question is, how big is our offer? Have we really offered a major deal and is anyone willing to top it?

The bottom line is I don't think we are really hammering out minor details..I don't think we are going to be done with this tomorrow and I don't think our chances are as good as Belkast wants to believe they are.

Belkast is very optimistic, so that is a good thing for us...but I am not sure if that is based on reality or hope from his guy.

I had a dream about all of this last night. Yes...This has reached a new level.

I dreamed that someone had posted pictures on here that were taken with a mega long range zoom lens somewhere near the stadium. The picture was of a group of men within the confines of Camden Yards. If you looked closely at the picture you could see that one of those men was Mark Teixeira. There was clearly a deal going down. Frobby was the poster. His contact gave him these pictures.

I'm not even sure if Frobby has a "contact", but that's how it went down in the dream. I know....weird. Read into this as little, or as much as you want.

It just doesn't add up.

I think Teixeira is probably pretty far from an agreement with the O's. If he truly wants to play for Baltimore then he's going to negotiate his best offer elsewhere and take it to the Orioles and put the ball in their court.

However, other teams are talking about waiting on a response just as Andy has....from Reagins:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081216&content_id=3719625&vkey=hotstove2008&fext=.jsp

SG, you've got too many teams throwing big dollars around for anything to be factual at this point.

Archived