The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Tex wanted to go to Boston, he would have signed by now IMO. Boston doesn't take forever to close deals.

Boras is using Boston to get more from the O's IMO...

Wouldn't that be a switch.

I'm sorry...the longer this goes on, the more inclined I am to believe its not going to happen.

If Tex wanted to go to Boston, he would have signed by now IMO. Boston doesn't take forever to close deals.

Boras is using Boston to get more from the O's IMO...

So you're pretty much saying that winning soon isn't as important to Teixeira as playing for the Baltimore Orioles.

I cannot give any educated guess on that. There is no way to know until it's all said and done.

I do think, however... if we HAVE put the wow offer on the table and he didn't immediately take it, I'd put a 72 hour time frame on it and say, take it or leave it.

I agree, they are the most desperate and have made it a known fact.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Nats signing Tex would be even more crazy than us signing him?

I realize that the NL East is not nearly as brutal as the AL East, but the Nats really have nothing outside of Zimmerman on their team. I don't think their farm system is any good...though I could be wrong.

They seem like they are further away from contending than we are...and that's saying something! :D

Archived