The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Interesting points, I hadn't thought of the Treanor signing to be a.... sign of that:) How does this rep system work anyway?

Im not worried about that, AM can multi task, he isnt going to be just glued in on any one player.

Treanor goint to the Tigers means nothing, I guess he just wanted to go to Detroit.

The one thing it is doing though is slowing the FA market down, so I dont expect any of these signing to happen anyway until the Tex saga is solved.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, Treanor's garbage. The only reason I threw his name out there is because of his wife. ;)

As for Tex... well, I'm glad you're still as enthusiastic. However, you have to admit, no one is mentioning us in the media, bigbird thinks we're being played like a fiddle and Belkast... well, perhaps I'm reading too far into things (and Belkast, feel free to correct me if I am) but he just doesn't seem as enthusiastic as he did a few days ago. *sigh*

I'm curious, what would make you feel better? Belkast posting "I'm confident"? I think all of us are basically Tex whipped right now. At the mercy of whats in front of us. If you were a Redsox fan, you'd probably be thinking "Uhhhh.... why hasn't he signed with us if it's just against the Orioles and Nationals?" The sword goes both ways.

Im not worried about that, AM can multi task, he isnt going to be just glued in on any one player.

Treanor goint to the Tigers means nothing, I guess he just wanted to go to Detroit.

The one thing it is doing though is slowing the FA market down, so I dont expect any of these signing to happen anyway until the Tex saga is solved.

why would anyone want to go to detroit

Why do you doubt we're in it? I think the same thing applies as it did earlier this morning. Until we hear it from Andy MacPhail, we're not out.

The BB thing stings. The national media thing stings. The lack of Belkast info stings. But damnit, nobody knows anything.

Stop being so negative!

There is nothing out there that should bring your hopes down. A report from Peter Gammons saying the Red Sox will end up with him means nothing, he is a Sux homer. I dont believe anything Olney says, and for that matter any other member of the national media.

AM has said that they will alter their original offer if necessary, so that is what I believe. I dont think their is any 10 year deal on the table for any team, and if 8-160 is the highest offer, I have no doubt in my mind the O's will match it. If the O's have the final say, they will beat the offers and Tex will come.

My friends, I want nothing more than to be wrong here. In fact, I welcome either of you (or anyone else on this board for that matter) to rub the news in my face if Teixeira signs with the O's. Sure, it'll be embarrassing for me, but I'll be happy nonetheless.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me we're being played like a fiddle. :(

To be fair, Treanor's garbage. The only reason I threw his name out there is because of his wife. ;)

As for Tex... well, I'm glad you're still as enthusiastic. However, you have to admit, no one is mentioning us in the media, bigbird thinks we're being played like a fiddle and Belkast... well, perhaps I'm reading too far into things (and Belkast, feel free to correct me if I am) but he just doesn't seem as enthusiastic as he did a few days ago. *sigh*

BB has always thought we won't get Tex, so I wouldn't expect anything different from him. Belkast is getting worn out just like the rest of us IMO. He can only put "I'm optimistic" so many times.

Remember this is Boras vs. MacPhail with no deadline. And these are the two most methodical people in the game.

Somebody is going to blink and give in, we just don't know when.

BB has always thought we won't get Tex, so I wouldn't expect anything different from him. Belkast is getting worn out just like the rest of us IMO. He can only put "I'm optimistic" so many times.

Remember this is Boras vs. MacPhail with no deadline. And these are the two most methodical people in the game.

Somebody is going to blink and give in, we just don't know when...

You have to believe there are other teams still involved. I think any team that knows its not in it would admit it at this point.

For some reason I still have some optimism, because what Belky says is so much more optimistic than what everyone else says. But something just doesn't add up right.

have a safe trip up. I know we are expecting snow like every 3rd day' date=' tuesday is forcast for snow[/quote']

Thanks! I can't imagine spending entire winters up there. I'm sure glad my Dad's job happened to have him relocate from New England/New York for about 15 years to Maryland just when I was age 5-20 so I could grow up in a reasonable climate. And as an Oriole/Colt fan and not some Yankee or Red Sox lover.

I wouldn't rub it in your face. I'll save that for some of the other guys who've been negative the entire time. I get the pessimism at this juncture, I really do. I've been a manic-depressive mess the entire day. I think, though, at this point... I'm just going to wait for The Big One, whatever that means.

As I mentioned earlier, the internet server was down at my workplace all freakin' day. To tell you the truth, I'm kinda glad it was, because I get the feeling I would've blown a gasket following the Olney report.

Word to the wise. Lets block out media reports. The only reports that matter are the ones with AM qoutes.

Yea, thats what me and Dan-0 just said in recent posts.

You cant really believe any of the reports from ESPN, and if you do, they are likely to change anyway as they did this whole week.

The media knows nothing right now, it between Tex, Boras, and the Suitors. AM said we are in it, and thats what I believe.

Archived