The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I guess the question now becomes, what do we do with BRob? Do we let him walk for draft picks after next season or do we trade him for a prospect (or two) now?

Wait until the Tex situation is resolved. Teams would rather sign Orlando Hudson than trade for Roberts at this point IMO.

Then why hasn't he signed with them yet?

If Boston really wanted him and he wanted to go to Boston he'd be signed by now...

Because he wants the most money he can get and you do that by dragging it out and holding on for more? Why are you not applying this same logic to the Orioles? If he really wanted to be here, he'd have signed by now, right? It goes both ways.

Sabathia and Burnett are being introduced tomorrow for the Yankees. One would think the Orioles would want the Tex situation wrapped up before the weekend so the talk would be Orioles and not Yankees.

And I do realize I might be grasping at straws...

Thanks as always, man. We appreciated your optimism then and we appreciate your desire to temper that optimism as you see fit. It sounds like you might need to have some words with your source, unless he's being fed questionable info as well. Either way, keep the faith my brother.

No. My guy doesn't owe me anything. I appreciate everything he tells me. I have to temper things because I have been burned before. Things sound really good BUT things have sounded really good before and then didn't pan out. I am trying to keep last off-season fresh in my memory. I can't understand what the hold up is with what I know.

No. My guy doesn't owe me anything. I appreciate everything he tells me. I have to temper things because I have been burned before. Things sound really good BUT things have sounded really good before and then didn't pan out. I am trying to keep last off-season fresh in my memory. I can't understand what the hold up is with what I know.

To be fair, you didn't know what the holdup was with the Bedard-M's trade last year and that still happened. :)

For all we know Boston might have offered something big and MT is having trouble deciding between there and here.

To be fair, you didn't know what the holdup was with the Bedard-M's trade last year and that still happened. :)

I still think Tex will happen. However, I am not going to swear by it. Nothing has changed at all with what I have been told. Nothing!!!!! I am just remebering past lessons learned and feel like I need to stay even keeled.

Don't worry Belkast, we all want the guy, but there is only so much a team in our position can give up. Just a few months ago this board was saying that the errors made by the Orioles in the past was their inability to fix holes through expensive long term alternatives. We are just starting to put a good farm system together and I expect by next year we will have a top 5 system. There is a right way to rebuild this team and maybe a $23 Million per year free agent is not the way. Maybe we should trade Roberts, Sherrill, and Scott for above average parts. Sign Nick to a reasonable 8/85 extention and make him the face of this team. Wait for the young pitchers to get in the mix and then strike a deal for the missing parts.

Either way, I appreciate what you do. Do not be so hard on yourself. OH members have heard you say you were optimistic for some time now. They have also heard the media belittle our chances while other insiders said our chances were not good. If we followed the bread crumbs it was because we wanted to as fans. I think deep down most of us will admit that Teixeira was bound for Boston from jump street.

I'm not directing this torwards you, just some points you made.

Maybe signing Teixeira isn't what this team should be doing, but they have to do something. If they didn't plan on going ALL in on Tex, then they should have went to Boras, told them their best offer, and moved on. They have spent the entire offseason focusing on Tex, while doing basically nothing else.

Theu signed a stopgap SS, and traded Ramon. Both decent moves, but that's about all I can say about it.

Absolutely no progress has been made in a resolution to the Brob situation. Minimum progress made on a Markakis extension. Nothing has been done to address the starting pitching.

I think this was are biggest fear going into the offseason. Not having a clear direction. Either were going to build to win NOW, or keep the rebuilding going. As of right now, we are stuck in the middle. And this is the same formula that has equaled 11 straight losing seasons. And even with Tex, 12 was gonna be likely. Without him at all, its pretty much a guarantee.

Then you have the snowball effect. Roberts will leave, and Markakis will want out soon to follow. IF Wieters becomes what we hope, it will be Teixeira all over again. It will never end for this team.

I'm with Lex on this one. There's going to be a lot of empty seats at the yard, and I know I won't be filling any of them. If the O's don't care, then why should their fans. And yes, I'm at the breaking point with this team. And I'm getting this, because I've heard MacPhail isn't as well respected by people within the organization as we all think. I guess we'll see.

This is very strange.

With all the info that has been made public and the stuff you, sonny, etc...have said, it just doesn't add up.

Why isn't this done? Why hasn't our new offer been put out there?

Why is AM saying we are still at 7/150?

What is that missing piece?

Thanks bro, you've been so clutch these past few days.

I still think Tex will happen. However, I am not going to swear by it. Nothing has changed at all with what I have been told. Nothing!!!!! I am just remebering past lessons learned and feel like I need to stay even keeled.

I hear ya, buddy.

I was just thinking about last offseason. Everyone thought the Bedard-M's trade was dead with the exception of you. It dragged out awhile, and if I recall correctly, right before the deal was finalized, you said something along the lines of, "I don't understand why this is taking so long, it's a done deal."

I guess I'm just hoping PA and AM are... well, being slow again. :D

Archived