The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

No. My guy doesn't owe me anything. I appreciate everything he tells me. I have to temper things because I have been burned before. Things sound really good BUT things have sounded really good before and then didn't pan out. I am trying to keep last off-season fresh in my memory. I can't understand what the hold up is with what I know.

Belkast, how confident are you in the amount of the wow offer and in PA's desire to land Tex? If you think these 2 things are true, then we are doing the best we can to get him. If Boston exceeds the wow offer then so be it IMO. :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is very strange.

With all the info that has been made public and the stuff you, sonny, etc...have said, it just doesn't add up.

Why isn't this done? Why hasn't our new offer been put out there?

Why is AM saying we are still at 7/150?

What is that missing piece?

IMO I posted this before but think that it's O's vs Sox...the Sox are putting on a full court press and MT is 'struggling' a bit with the decision weighing his past experience with teams not contending, family concerns, money and how and where he wants to spend the next 5-10 years.

This is very strange.

With all the info that has been made public and the stuff you, sonny, etc...have said, it just doesn't add up.

Why isn't this done? Why hasn't our new offer been put out there?

Why is AM saying we are still at 7/150?

What is that missing piece?

It's gotta be Boras. He has to be telling Tex lets wait this out and see if anything comes about with the other offers.

No. My guy doesn't owe me anything. I appreciate everything he tells me. I have to temper things because I have been burned before. Things sound really good BUT things have sounded really good before and then didn't pan out. I am trying to keep last off-season fresh in my memory. I can't understand what the hold up is with what I know.

The hold up if I had to take a guess is Boras. Any other agent and Tex is signed by now. He sure knows how to squeeze the last dollar out in a deal.

It's gotta be Boras. He has to be telling Tex lets wait this out and see if anything comes about with the other offers.

It was one year ago today (oops, yesterday now that we've passed midnight) that A-Rod "fired" Boras, though they kissed and made up.

I wonder if Tex is sitting around getting as antsy as half the posters on here while Boras keeps telling him to chill out while the pot gets bigger.

Good enough for me to go to sleep on!

Keep the faith, O's fans one and all. It's all we got as fans of this ridiculous baseball team.

Let's do this all over again tomorrow: :bangwall::pray::bangwall::pray::newcry::drek:;)

Goodnight.

I think I'm going to follow your lead. *yawn*

Jon (i.e., JTrea81), if anything breaks tomorrow (whether it be for better or for worse), can you shoot me a text?

Goodnight y'all!

I think I'm going to follow your lead. *yawn*

Jon (i.e., JTrea81), if anything breaks tomorrow (whether it be for better or for worse), can you shoot me a text?

Goodnight y'all!

Yeah I'll see what I can do, but thankfully I'll be out of the loop until around noon.

It was one year ago today (oops, yesterday now that we've passed midnight) that A-Rod "fired" Boras, though they kissed and made up.

I wonder if Tex is sitting around getting as antsy as half the posters on here while Boras keeps telling him to chill out while the pot gets bigger.

True. I mean we were supposedly working out details last night on the contract so you would think that Boras is traveling right now trying to get the best offer. I mean it could even well turn out to be just like Furcal where they shop our offer with exact details to Boston or Nats and say beat this with the exact details.

1. Absolutely correct - if the Sox really wanted him they would (like the MFYankees) blow everyone else away with an offer. They clearly have the resources to do so.

2. It is in the Sox best interests to keep Tex from wearing pinstripes so with a wink & a nudge to Boras they help run up the price to where the MFYankees don't swoop in at the last minute.

3. Tex play 81 games a year in front of less than 20,000 fans in the stands? Knowing he will never taste the playoffs again? No way he takes the Nats offer - no matter how big the numbers are.

4. The team you WANT to play for is willing to break the bank to have you there. Why would you stop them from doing so?

5. Consider the sources of our insiders.

BigBird - obviously from the front office and unfriendly with AM - says "no".

Belkast - Seems to be closer to AM, perhaps staff - says "yes"

Sonny - obviously ownership inner circle - says "yes"

Is the FO in direct negoiations with Boras? Not likely except for technical details.

Is AM in direct negoiations with Boras? More likely but again probably on the technical & detail side.

Is ownership (PGA) in direct negoiations with Boras? Most likely scenario! Almost certainly handling the $$$$ and length of contract aspects.

Given that information who is most likely to have the most accurate information?

Oh, and Baseball 7117 who has a close realionship with a Top 10 prospect & the FO? Not a certified insider but do you think maybe the players in the O's orgainzation have some contacts themselves? And do they have a vested interest in keeping up with this issue?

In summary,

It doesn't sound good, it doesn't look good and the majority of evidence says "no".

But the closer you get to PGA the more it looks like Tex will be an Oriole.

Perhaps PGA will turn out to be wrong.

But he doesn't lose very often.

I'm thinking he doesn't take on cases/projects that he isn't pretty darned certain he can win.

PGA thinks Tex is coming home.

Since it's his money I'm certain he'll spend whatever it takes to insure his legacy.

Hopefully it will be enough for Tex/Scott Boras.

If not, the Sox will have lost a very expensive gamble.

Guest rochester
I still think Tex will happen. However, I am not going to swear by it. Nothing has changed at all with what I have been told. Nothing!!!!! I am just remebering past lessons learned and feel like I need to stay even keeled.

Belkast-

We all know that you have been burned in the past...this is not a science. Frankly, you BB Sonny Peace, etc. are the reason why this board is so much fun. This one has been very strange and so has the board - this is nothing against anyone new but I feel like I'm reading the Sun board the way accusations, etc. are thrown around personally. I sais yesterday that even when you thought we were close with the Dodgers last year that we still enjoyed folks like SG putting out other plans for discussion. I am not seeing this as much but hundreds of pages, IMO, that really amount to nothing..

Guess what? If he comes here great! If he doesn't? I am pretty sure the sun will come up tomorrow. He has a very tough choice - so do the O's. This is nothing either party can rush through... I tend to believe that he would have signed with the Sox if he did not want to play here so...

We will see - I always want to read your enthusiasm and optimism - actually, I feel that you and BB counteract extremely well. Not saying he is always pessimistic but he gives another perspective from what he hears and it is a good balance.

I want to read what you can write - being guarded is not in you which is why we read every post. It seems different this time - if we do not get Tex I still believe that AM has a good plan and will have more $$ to play with...and maybe more chips to trade for some good hauls...

3. Tex play 81 games a year in front of less than 20,000 fans in the stands? Knowing he will never taste the playoffs again? No way he takes the Nats offer - no matter how big the numbers are.

The Nats attendance was better than ours last year, despite the fact that they were worse, and like with the O's, their attendance will improve if they improve. And it is ridiculous to assume that the Nats won't make the playoffs within 8-10 years. If the Nats are going to be so bad for the first few years, they are going to get really good draft picks ala the Rays. They already have Strasburg coming.

But really, Tex is just going to go where the money is.

Archived