The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Shouldn't we be seeing some fresh media reports here soon?

That's what I'm waiting on as well... I want to see which way ESPNYES Network has the story going after another 24 hours.

I don't think they have a clue at this point... :laughlol::clap3::laughlol:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off I am a realist I believe tex will be signing with Boston, but I see there is some glimmer of hope for the orioles. I believe we have to look at the following things to show why there is a glimmer of hope for the orioles and why it is IMO foolish to say we have no chance to sign tex.

The things I think we need to consider is how both Boras and Macphail operate in the way they have negotiated in the past as this is simply just a great chess game for both sides.

The first thing we have to look at how Macphail operates. As we know in the past Macphail is slow and methodical on how he does things, and he plays this close to the chest making it less likely leaks are going to get out. We can even push this evidence by a quote from bigbird since Macphail has arrived:

Since AM arrived it's like the Warehouse is on Double Secret Lockdown.
This alone show that not all information coming from the media may not be entirely correct about what the Orioles are doing. Lastly, we have to look at Macphail statements in the media about tex that Orioles believe it is a disappointment if they do not get tex so they must view him as potentially a key in their speeding up the processing of fielding a competitive team.

Secondly, we have to look at Boras himself in the way he likes to negotiate through the media causing a Media War. As noted in from earlier posts from people that a national executive I believe said that 90% of news out there is disinformation from boras about his clients. In the past we all know that boras takes his time with offers, so he can max the amount of money possible for his clients, and he likes using the media to get teams to bid against each other.

In my opinion, just going off of these two things we know is that Macphail and Boras are just the yin and yang from each other which makes it a perfect Chess Match to see which one will checkmate first. Therefore, I believe this just gives a glimmer of hope to those need it because IMO it wouldn't surprise me if some of the stuff were hearing about orioles are dropping out because honestly they may not be getting much out of the Orioles organization and Boras may just be playing a game with Baltimore to get to them to panic. In conclusion I believe there is a glimmer of hope that the Orioles may get Tex if this is the scenario playing out between both parties.

I still think Tex will happen. However, I am not going to swear by it. Nothing has changed at all with what I have been told. Nothing!!!!! I am just remebering past lessons learned and feel like I need to stay even keeled.
It's not your fault, everyone should know that, Your source hasn't been 100% reliable but that's not a reflection on you, noone has a perfect batting average in this. I know you're feeling the pressure because 100 anxious people ask you for an update every 10 minutes.

People need to back off somewhat. Remember there's too much conflicting information out there to assume one source has all the answers.

Dunn may be an excellent alternative, BUT, he will always be compared to "What if we had TEX?", it will take a strong personality to be able to handle that. I'm not sure he fits into that mold. And if he stunk it up, it would be worse.

Just let Salazar, Huff, et al handle it until The O's get a better read on Snyder.

As I said earlier, I do have some empathy (notice some) for Tex's situation. Maybe irrationally, I believe he wants to play here, Boras wants to send him to BoSox or Angels. If this wasn't the case, he'd be signed, sealed, delivered.

That said, it is time for him to make a decision.

It's not your fault, everyone should know that, Your source hasn't been 100% reliable but that's not a reflection on you, noone has a perfect batting average in this. I know you're feeling the pressure because 100 anxious people ask you for an update every 10 minutes.

People need to back off somewhat. Remember there's too much conflicting information out there to assume one source has all the answers.

It's the nature of business and negotiations, especially when there are more than two parties negotiating, that things change. And, in this particular business, things can change quickly. So no source of information, particularly one that only has information from one side of the negotiations, is going to be accurate all of the time. That's just the nature of these things and no blame can go to any of the insiders or their sources, so long as they don't claim to know more than they do, and Belkast, Bigbird, Sonny, and Peace never have. We just need to live with the imperfect nature of life - and when your life includes the O's, "imperfect" might be a gross understatement.

In a way, the best thing that can happen to OH (and the O's for that matter), is for Tex to just sign somewhere....now. Closure is needed, one way or the other...to move on with things in whatever scenario (Tex, or no Tex)!

Agree.

I just want it to be over. If we get him, great. If not, oh well.

I'm burned out at this point.

In a way, the best thing that can happen to OH (and the O's for that matter), is for Tex to just sign somewhere....now. Closure is needed, one way or the other...to move on with things in whatever scenario (Tex, or no Tex)!

Agreed, Tex is not the only thing on our to do list this offseason. Yes we picked up a SS, but we still need a C, and then there's that whole matter of the starting rotation and who is going to pitch for us besides Guthrie.

Archived