The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Like everyone says, no news is good news... I hope you're right about serious negotiations and decision making possibly begging, since there hasn't been any news today.:pray:

Yeah, and the story about the O's "falling way behind" in the Tex derby is no longer on the front page of ESPN, so they don't see it as much of a story anymore either...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we sign Tex, I'll be buying another 6-pack season ticket plan (at least), if not, I'm not so sure... a lot will depend on when one Matt Wieters gets the call

I see 13-game plans and 4-game holiday packs. I got a 6 game plan before and can't find where to do it again. Do you have a link?

I wonder if the Teixeira thing is holding up the Markakis and Roberts extensions, and how much one has to do with the other. Markakis and Roberts could hold out on the Orioles if we don't get Tex, which would really force the Orioles hands in the Teixeira discussions.

I have no doubt it will affect those two guys. Roberts will likely be dealt, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nick says "to heck with it" and asks us to start looking into dealing him as well.

I wonder if the Teixeira thing is holding up the Markakis and Roberts extensions, and how much one has to do with the other. Markakis and Roberts could hold out on the Orioles if we don't get Tex, which would really force the Orioles hands in the Teixeira discussions.

B-rob needs to go on the block if we miss out on Tex. There is no way he would re-sign an extension. Hopefully we can get 3 prospects back for him.

Big Nick needs to see that the Orioles made their best effort, which will show Nick that the Orioles want to win.

For Roberts the time is shorter and the he can smell the money FA will provide. Nick i years away and there will be time to recover his morale on the future products of our farm system.

Either way, they are on hold until Tex figures it out. Most of the market is hinged on what Tex does.

There has not been any new news. I am feeling confident that we have entered the decision-making phase of the process and the Orioles FO isn't doing much more with Tex than waiting for a phone call from Mr. Boras.

I can't imagine the Orioles did not make a true effort because eventually they have to answer to their fan base, which, evidently, has put a great deal of stock in this particular free agent.

I really hope Tex does what we all want him to do but in the end, Tex will do what is best for Tex at the time.

The next two weeks is a "FA Dead Zone Period", staffs are taking time off....Holidays overshadow FA signings..it is a football period, NFL playoff anxiety, bowl games, etc. I really doubt this lingers beyond tomorrow.

I can see it finishing today or tomorrow, hopefully he picks the O's.

It would not surprise me is Roberts and Markakis are waiting to see what happens with Tex... As long as we make a serious effort and Tex picks another team over us for money I can see both Roberts and Markakis signing extensions, though probably not long ones.

This drawn out negotiation is costing whatever team that lands Teix a lot of money. Imagine how many people would be receiving Teix Baltimore away jerseys as Christmas presents if he signed with us in time to get the jerseys to the store.

Lol a couple hundred? So a few thousand dollars...

I've been talking to a couple sox fans on another board and they both say they have read local Boston reports saying it's now between the O's and Nats. I guess nobody has a clue what's going on :confused:

If that's true it means Tex decided to come home and he's trying to leverage the DC offer to get more from the O's. But I doubt it's true.

B-rob needs to go on the block if we miss out on Tex. There is no way he would re-sign an extension. Hopefully we can get 3 prospects back for him.

Big Nick needs to see that the Orioles made their best effort, which will show Nick that the Orioles want to win.

For Roberts the time is shorter and the he can smell the money FA will provide. Nick i years away and there will be time to recover his morale on the future products of our farm system.

Either way, they are on hold until Tex figures it out. Most of the market is hinged on what Tex does.

There has not been any new news. I am feeling confident that we have entered the decision-making phase of the process and the Orioles FO isn't doing much more with Tex than waiting for a phone call from Mr. Boras.

I can't imagine the Orioles did not make a true effort because eventually they have to answer to their fan base, which, evidently, has put a great deal of stock in this particular free agent.

I really hope Tex does what we all want him to do but in the end, Tex will do what is best for Tex at the time.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the final O's offer comes out. I'd love to see how much money they were throwing out there. I really hope it's not the lowest one. The reputation of this team will take another hit if they're not making competitive offers. If the offer is low, should we expect this to happen when our home grown players become free agents? It's just not going to look good.

Archived