The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

I've been talking to a couple sox fans on another board and they both say they have read local Boston reports saying it's now between the O's and Nats. I guess nobody has a clue what's going on :confused:

Well that would be a turn of events! Do you have a link?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This drawn out negotiation is costing whatever team that lands Teix a lot of money. Imagine how many people would be receiving Teix Baltimore away jerseys as Christmas presents if he signed with us in time to get the jerseys to the store.

Coming up after Charlie Brown's Christmas the CBS premier of "How Tex Negotiations delayed Christmas Jersey Sales"!

I'm not going to lie, Teixeira is not going to affect how many games I go to one way or another. I just can't help myself from going to 20+ games regardless of what kind of garbage we trot out there. There's not much for me that beats sitting outside on a warm summer night and drinking beer at the yard. Damn you Angelos!!!

I've been talking to a couple sox fans on another board and they both say they have read local Boston reports saying it's now between the O's and Nats. I guess nobody has a clue what's going on :confused:

When this thing is all said and done, there probably will be word of four other teams we didn't hear about.

And, when Tex comes home, ESPN will be saying how this was a good move by Baltimore.:rolleyes:

I guess I made my initial comment not because of what I think Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis will do in the event Mark Teixeira doesn't come here, but more along the lines of what sort of desperation the front office has keep Nick and Brian here and if it means that when it breaks down to brass tacks, they'll shell out whatever is necessary for Tex. Would it mean that we could be more confident he'll wind up here?

yeah, only a week or two before Christmas. Even if a couple thousand sold, that money is not much to them

What is an Authentic Jersey cost? $90 - $120? Let's just call it $120.00... if they sold 2,000 @ $120.00 that is just about a quarter million dollars. I wouldn't call it chump change.

Archived