The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the final O's offer comes out. I'd love to see how much money they were throwing out there. I really hope it's not the lowest one. The reputation of this team will take another hit if they're not making competitive offers. If the offer is low, should we expect this to happen when our home grown players become free agents? It's just not going to look good.

That would make us the Royals, A's or Marlins.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the O's don't sign Tex it's because Angelos wouldn't pony up the money. They told us that if the got a regional sports network that they would be able to compete. Well now they have the network and it's time to put up or shut up.

No more excuses, no more patience. If you can't overspend for this kid then you can't spend for anybody.

Now even Belkast says we only(my word) have a 50% chance. If he says 50 then it's probably more like 10. It looks like the national media were right. We were never really serious in the first place.

If this doesn't go down then we need a new owner.

What is an Authentic Jersey cost? $90 - $120? Let's just call it $120.00... if they sold 2,000 @ $120.00 that is just about a quarter million dollars. I wouldn't call it chump change.

Agreed. I think the members of this board would buy 100 alone. Pretty sure we'd be talking about a lot of money should those jerseys make it to the store in time for Christmas.

When this thing is all said and done, there probably will be word of four other teams we didn't hear about.

And, when Tex comes home, ESPN will be saying how this was a good move by Baltimore.:rolleyes:

I doubt that. My guess is that if we sign Tex, ESPN would do one of those roll back clips of when the Rangers signed A-Rod, and compare the Tex signing to the A-Rod lunacy. They would try to further turn us & Tex into the laughing stock of the AL East, obviously upset that Tex didn't go to their beloved Red Sux.

Try $200 minimum... if they sold only 1,000, that's $200,000!

Ok.. using your numbers then it would be close to a Half Million Dollars if they sold 2,000 Jerseys. With the lack of revenue this club has with around 10,000people in the stands every night. I would have to say Jersey sales may help them.

I doubt that. My guess is that if we sign Tex, ESPN would do one of those roll back clips of when the Rangers signed A-Rod, and compare the Tex signing to the A-Rod lunacy. They would try to further turn us & Tex into the laughing stock of the AL East, obviously upset that Tex didn't go to their beloved Red Sux.

Was a close second for me.

I think signing Tex is more critical than the average fan thinks.

If we don't sign Tex, Roberts will be traded.

If we don't sign Tex, Markakis will not sign an extension and will leave first chance he gets.

These are just my opinions but I believe they will come true if we miss out on Tex.

I think signing Tex is more critical than the average fan thinks.

If we don't sign Tex, Roberts will be traded.

If we don't sign Tex, Markakis will not sign an extension and will leave first chance he gets.

These are just my opinions but I believe they will come true if we miss out on Tex.

I agree with you on these points!

We know the Orioles can't be strapped for cash. After 2009 the Orioles will not have a single multiyear/extended contract on the books, with the exception of Izturis. Boiled down, we will drop $50MM, and at the most the team will have a $20MM payroll before extensions.

I expect Markakis to get $10-12MM a year. I don't know what Roberts would be likely to get in an extension.

Archived