The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should all buy one and then frame it to mark the return of Baltimore on the Major League Baseball map!

Where were you when Mark Teixiera signed with the Orioles?

... off somewhere in LaLa land.

I grew up here and my grandfather showed me how to love the Orioles. I never would be able to fathom my name being mentioned with these:

Eddie, Frank, Cal, Brooks, Earl, Jim...

I have been thinking about some of the comments that have been posted over the last week from a few people saying if we don't sign Tex or we should not sign him and spend the money else where.

IMO even if we find out for sure that the O's were willing to spend $20 to $25 million on Tex and didn't get him means they will still be willing to spend that money on other players.

IMO them willing to spend that much on him is because they know they will get the money back from ticket sales, etc. because it is Tex. Spending that money on any other player/s would be a gamble. We would still have to have a winning team to sell the extra tickets and that is the only way I see them making any money off of any other player/s.

Ok.. using your numbers then it would be close to a Half Million Dollars if they sold 2,000 Jerseys. With the lack of revenue this club has with around 10,000people in the stands every night. I would have to say Jersey sales may help them.
The team only keeps proceeds if sold in a team owned store. Otherwise, the profits are distributed equally among all teams. Sale of MLB merchandise, including O's merchandise is a useful guaranteed income stream for all teams - again, equally divided unless purchased at the stadium or a team owned store.

If the O's don't sign Tex it's because Angelos wouldn't pony up the money. They told us that if the got a regional sports network that they would be able to compete. Well now they have the network and it's time to put up or shut up.

No more excuses, no more patience. If you can't overspend for this kid then you can't spend for anybody.

Now even Belkast says we only(my word) have a 50% chance. If he says 50 then it's probably more like 10. It looks like the national media were right. We were never really serious in the first place.

If this doesn't go down then we need a new owner.

Did I miss where Belkast said we only have a 50% chance now?

Archived