The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

Belkast said he was cautiously optimistic regarding his source's info considering he was burned in the past. So that's why he's 50-50.

I've done some thinking about this and I've come up with this conclusion:

The "wow offer" has not yet been presented.

Baltimore is where Tex wants to play, but the Orioles aren't going to raise their offer to have another team beat it. Instead they are going to wait to see where the bidding goes and then top the final offer for the least amount possible. Supposedly we have a final shot to top any offer out there, and I think that's what we are waiting for.

That's why we pretty much have Tex as long as Angelos is willing to spend the money to top the final offer and I think we will.

But Boras will keep trying to milk every team to get the Orioles to pay as much as possible, so this will drag on until Tex ends it.

And BTW it's E-YES-P-NESN...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belkast said he was cautiously optimistic regarding his source's info considering he was burned in the past. So that's why he's 50-50.

Baltimore is where Tex wants to play, but the Orioles aren't going to raise their offer to have another team beat it. Instead they are going to wait to see where the bidding goes and then top the final offer for the least amount possible. Supposedly we have a final shot to top any offer out there, and I think that's what we are waiting for.

That's why we pretty much have Tex as long as Angelos is willing to spend the money to top the final offer and I think we will.

But Boras will keep trying to milk every team to get the Orioles to pay as much as possible, so this will drag on until Tex ends it.

I will choose to see it this way to.

I wonder when the next big media report will be? :scratchchinhmm:

The wow offer has not yet been presented.

But Boras will keep trying to milk every team to get the Orioles to pay as much as possible.

I don't wanna be a wet blanket, but you can bet your paycheck that Boras has told each of these teams that they'll have the last shot at this.

If you think he's going to take Boston's best offer, give us a chance to beat it and NOT take it back to Boston... I'm afraid you're being naive.

I don't wanna be a wet blanket, but you can bet your paycheck that Boras has told each of these teams that they'll have the last shot at this.

If you think he's going to take Boston's best offer, give us a chance to beat it and NOT take it back to Boston... I'm afraid you're being naive.

Right.

Boras will shop until Tex tells him to stop.

At this point, just end the damn thing already.

I was also listening on XM and Buck still thinks we have a shot at this thing as well citing the fact that the Orioles have a lot of young and upcoming talent especially Wieters and Tex would be the most comfortable in Baltimore because it was where he grew up.

Given Angelos' desire to get Tex and Tex's desire to play in Baltimore this thing will get done IMO...

Tex may not want to play in Boston and if Boras were to do that the Orioles could wind up pulling out completely and then Tex would wind up having to go to a place where he doesn't want to play....

I was also listening on XM and Buck still thinks we have a shot at this thing as well citing the fact that the Orioles have a lot of young and upcoming talent especially Wieters and Tex would be the most comfortable in Baltimore because it was where he grew up.

Given Angelos' desire to get Tex and Tex's desire to play in Baltimore this thing will get done IMO...

It all comes down to the money. He wants fair market value and he grew up here, he knows PA is cheap.

And BTW it's E-YES-P-NESN...

I generally agree with this. Boras knows O's are going to bid against themselves, neither are the Red Sox. Think the media reports from the past 4 days have been an effort to get the Red Sox and O's to up offers. I say once he gets a 200 mil offer from someone, he'll get final offers for everyone and have him make a decision.

It is best interest for Boras for the O's to get Teixeira, if the money is similar. That'll leave the other big market teams (Dodgers, Angels, Yankees, Red Sox) still hungry to make moves. So that could help drive the price up for his other clients, a la Manny.

I think you're overly optimistic about this. I know you're Mr. Anti-ESPN and Mr. Anti-RedSoxAndEverythingYankees, but, come on, man, is there not even a shred of pessimism about this?

BTW, I don't share your (or anyone on this forum's) anti-ESPN nature. I think you guys are living in Gonzoland in thinking that ESPN has a secret agenda against the Orioles.

Archived