Thursday afternoon series finale vs Yankees -- a battle of lefties

SteveA

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Anyone know why the scheduling every season has the Orioles playing the Yankees so much? It's extremely annoying

It's an unbalanced schedule that has every team playing their division rivals a ton.  The O's liked to complain about how difficult the division was while ownership worked to keep the unbalanced schedule since it increased gate revenue.

It was changed in the most recent CBA, so there will be fewer games going forward.

• Upvote 1

That good at-bat aside, I'm so down on Ramon Urias. He's a pretty one dimensional player on both sides of the game. You really only want him at 2B. He's not that fast and has a weak arm. At the plate, OBP was his knack. Decent contact/hit skill. Haven't seen either of them this season. He seems to have warning track power. 

Definitely been one the larger disappointments. Of course, a 2 week hot streak could change that. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's an unbalanced schedule that has every team playing their division rivals a ton.  The O's liked to complain about how difficult the division was while ownership worked to keep the unbalanced schedule since it increased gate revenue.

It was changed in the most recent CBA, so there will be fewer games going forward.

Oh, ok. Thank you for that explanation. I never knew that. I'm so happy that the new CBA will be doing away with this. Will the Orioles also be playing teams like Colorado, Arizona, San Francisco, Atlanta, San Diego, and other teams that the Orioles rarely see?  

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Oh, ok. Thank you for that explanation. I never knew that. I'm so happy that the new CBA will be doing away with this. Will the Orioles also be playing teams like Colorado, Arizona, San Francisco, Atlanta, San Diego, and other teams that the Orioles rarely see?  

But one change that has received far less attention is the dramatic revamp of the league schedule. Beginning in 2023, teams will play fewer intradivision games (14 as opposed to 19), and every club will play at least one three-game series against each of the 29 other clubs every season

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/baseball/2022/mlb-schedule-change-1234669089/

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Baker-Tate-Krehbiel kind of finishes "guys who didn't pitch yesterday".

Lopez-Perez-Bautista would be the day game after a night game thing.

And Perez would be "3rd appearance in about 42 hours" although he didn't throw many pitches in the first two (but there is warmups, too).