Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Said it Monday, I'll say it again here.  The at bat quality is tremendous.  He sees a lot of pitches.  It's awesome and must-see.  

First multi-hit game last night.

Great pitch recognition and bat speed. Even when making outs they are usually hit hard. 

His first throw was a little scary. Hopefully just a fluke. 

Yeah, I think his ABs have been great.  He's just missed on a few as well.

Not concerned about the throwing just yet but it does seem to be something he's struggled with this year.  Likely the injury playing some part in that because he certainly wasn't known as a poor thrower before.  Like I said, not concerned about that yet.

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Said it Monday, I'll say it again here.  The at bat quality is tremendous.  He sees a lot of pitches.  It's awesome and must-see.  

First multi-hit game last night.

Good to have a player up who can work a count.  AR is really the first Elias prospect promoted.  I hope to see more of the young players coming up working counts and looking for their pitch.  A lot of the current O's have no plate discipline and fall for any borderline pitch (Mountcastle is prime suspect).  The book for getting most O's out seems to be getting ahead and then throw pitches out of the strike zone and predictably gets misses or weak contact. 

39 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Good to have a player up who can work a count.  AR is really the first Elias prospect promoted.  I hope to see more of the young players coming up working counts and looking for their pitch.  A lot of the current O's have no plate discipline and fall for any borderline pitch (Mountcastle is prime suspect).  The book for getting most O's out seems to be getting ahead and then throw pitches out of the strike zone and predictably gets misses or weak contact. 

I think of Bradish as more of a Elias prospect. He came first too. AR was kind of defaulted to the O's by getting the first pick. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Great pitch recognition and bat speed. Even when making outs they are usually hit hard. 

His first throw was a little scary. Hopefully just a fluke. 

More than a little scary, that would be on the top 5 worst throws all time for Pudge, or Bench, or even Matt Wieters. Not only did it not have anything on it, but it was 10 feet off line.  Hopefully a "fluke" but I find it hard to imagine that he has a plus arm after that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

More than a little scary, that would be on the top 5 worst throws all time for Pudge, or Bench, or even Matt Wieters. Not only did it not have anything on it, but it was 10 feet off line.  Hopefully a "fluke" but I find it hard to imagine that he has a plus arm after that.

I’m wondering if the triceps injury is still hampering him.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m wondering if the triceps injury is still hampering him.  

I doubt it.  If anything, it’s perhaps still a little weak in that area and he is building it up.  He also may not be mentally over it and is holding back.

Usually, the hardest part about coming back from an injury is between the ears, not the injury itself.

Never miss an opportunity to assume fatal flaws in an Oriole.  Why, dear God, didn't someone suggest CJ Abrams who'll have 100 times Rutschman's value?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2022 at 10:17 AM, Going Underground said:

The Adley Crunchman Ice Cream from Tillamook with Huckleberries and Caramel Crunch. Soon candy bars and Adley Caramel Toast Crunch cereal. 

Heard Tillamook had a run on their Adleydale Cheese. 

See the source image

I'm more concerned with his near complete power outage at the plate.  No homers?  No doubles? One fluke triple?  A .250 batting average?  C'mon!  We've been sold a bill of goods!  

🤣

I kid, I kid.

5 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

Adley officially has a minus arm.  He'll have to walk each pitch from the pitcher back to the mound, as the throws back to the pitcher are too much strain on his triceps.  Adley will go down as the 1st baseball player to ever undergo surgical triceps replacement.  Forever known as the "Adley" procedure.

• Upvote 1