Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I only got the spelling right because I searched for a gif from the show. 

Gotta get my glass’s prescription updated.  Thought that said “gilf.”  At 62, I was interested in checking out the rest of the thread.  Very disappointing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, amdcpus said:

Yeah I wasn't clear, I'm referring to the scores of players who debuted at 18/19 and were far better at that age of 18/19 than Rutschman is at 24.5, such as Harper, Trout, Acuna, Ramirez, Soto, Guerrero Jr etc

Interestingly, Trout actually had a .672 OPS (89 OPS+) with a negative dWAR when he debuted as a 19-year-old (it was his baseball age-20 season). 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/troutmi01.shtml

11 hours ago, Brian88 said:

That was Hayden Penn, and he did end up being a bust, I don’t know how to determine if his name played a factor though. 

First of all, thank goodness I'm not the only one who remembered this, and second, Statcast really should cover this.  When I hear "Kyle Bradish" I'm thinking +1.2 on the first name scale and +2.9 on the last name performance metric.  In other words, he's in the Storm Davis range.  

Adley’s power is starting to show, with 4 doubles and a homer in his last six games.   I feel like he’s gaining some confidence at the plate.   With a decent game he can get his BA over the Mendoza line while getting his OPS over .600 (in the modern stat era, that line needs it own name).   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Adley’s power is starting to show, with 4 doubles and a homer in his last six games.   I feel like he’s gaining some confidence at the plate.   With a decent game he can get his BA over the Mendoza line while getting his OPS over .600 (in the modern stat era, that line needs it own name).   

Maybe it can be referred to as the Chris Davis line. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I liked Hayden Penn's name and was disappointed that he became a bust. I just looked up his stats and forgot how bad Penn was as a player. 

Among the career lowlights a -3.3 WAR, 9.51 ERA and 2.174 WHIP in 82.1 career innings pitched. Blech.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/pennha01.shtml

14 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Certainly the worst in the last 5 years or so... there was that one post Old#5Fan had about someone "not having a good baseball name."   

Oh man, the Hayden Penn name fiasco.  That was hilarious.  And while it was absolutely ridiculous, I totally agreed with the spirit of what he was saying.  I can't imagine a guy named Hayden Penn being a great baseball player.  But Penn wasn't bad because he didn't have the name of a great baseball player, he was bad because his stuff was poor.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I agree, call it the Davis line.  

Here's hoping he's on the upswing and finishes the year strong.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh man, the Hayden Penn name fiasco.  That was hilarious.  And while it was absolutely ridiculous, I totally agreed with the spirit of what he was saying.  I can't imagine a guy named Hayden Penn being a great baseball player.  But Penn wasn't bad because he didn't have the name of a great baseball player, he was bad because his stuff was poor.

Oh, I'd love to spend about five hours looking through the archives for the most infamous posts in OH history.  Old#5Fan by himself probably has a top 10, including the thread about how Luis Hernandez was a far better player than Miguel Tejada, the one about how anyone who brings a child under the age of five to a MLB game should be committed to an asylum, the one about how his uncle's cousin told him Curt Blefary was 100 times better with the glove than Nick Markakis and that's a fact... 

Then there's the JTrea list of infamy.  After Prince Fielder there won't be a good first baseman available for five years.  They'll never compete again if they don't sign Mark Teixeira to a 10/250 deal. All opinions are equal and no person should ever be criticized for any opinion.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Oh, I'd love to spend about five hours looking through the archives for the most infamous posts in OH history.  Old#5Fan by himself probably has a top 10, including the thread about how Luis Hernandez was a far better player than Miguel Tejada, the one about how anyone who brings a child under the age of five to a MLB game should be committed to an asylum, the one about how his uncle's cousin told him Curt Blefary was 100 times better with the glove than Nick Markakis and that's a fact... 

Then there's the JTrea list of infamy.  After Prince Fielder there won't be a good first baseman available for five years.  They'll never compete again if they don't sign Mark Teixeira to a 10/250 deal. All opinions are equal and no person should ever be criticized for any opinion.

Pretty sure El Trea wanted to sign every first baseman ever.  He'd have had Teixeira at first and Prince Fielder at second base or something.  

He was insufferable.  

16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

(Pulls up JTrea and Old#5Fan archives)  Yea, pretty close.

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Don't forget about Atomic, who either stopped posting on OH or got banned. 

Who was the poster who couldn't shut up about Machado flaming out of the majors because of an inability to hit a slider? Calmundersomething? TBF, that was more of a series of posts than a singular awful post.

• Upvote 1