Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

12 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

They do need a catcher there.   However, in fairness I'd rather Rutschman just keep the job and not see him again.   Haha

Bemboom has a solid enough glove to be a good backup catcher, and... Chirinos is 37 years old. 

It's nice to have Bemboom right there in AAA in case Chirinos gets hurt, falls off a cliff performance-wise, or decides not to resign with us next year. 

Yes, defensive backup catchers are often a dime a dozen in the league, but it's good to be dealing with a known quantity, and I'm glad we have Bemboom in the system.  One less thing to worry about.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, connja said:

Plus we get Mounty back today.  Lineup gets deeper.....what I would do tonight:

1. Mullins
  2. Hays
  3. Santander
  4. Mancini
  5. Mountcastle
  6. Rutschman
  7. Nevin
  8. Mateo
  9. Whatever crap they put at 2b

Starting to look like a real lineup. And we have a lot of prospects for those last three positions (Henderson, Mayo, Westburg, Prieto, Norby, Vavra, Ortiz). 

• Upvote 1

This has been mentioned in past threads, although it is not known to be an official requirement,  all Orioles’ retired numbers belonged to players or a manager who won World Series championships with the O’s.  Mussina is lacking that achievement with the O’s.   

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, connja said:

Plus we get Mounty back today.  Lineup gets deeper.....what I would do tonight:

1. Mullins
  2. Hays
  3. Santander
  4. Mancini
  5. Mountcastle
  6. Rutschman
  7. Nevin
  8. Urias
  9. Mateo

I prefer Odor to Nevin but that’s not bad. Also I assume Urias will hit higher and Rutschman probably 8th for now. 

41 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He is a pitcher. Controlling his innings. 

I would bet on more of a mid to late June call up. That said who knows. 

What does “controlling his innings” mean? Why is that something that has to happen in AAA and not the bigs? You may be playing devils advocate, just curious.

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

Everyone going on about this Mussina guy and ignoring all the other great Orioles #35s... 

I mean, it's an illustrious list, featuring such legends as Adam Plutko, Josh Towers, Danny Valencia, Francisco Melendez, Daniel Cabrera, Greg Aquino, and Dwight Smith Jr!

All kidding aside, it's a miracle that Mussina even got the number.  If you aren't going to retire it for Mike Cuellar, then who are you going to retire it for?

Don't forget Gary Roenicke!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

😝

Maybe a few thousand extra. So expected 15,000 .Does it go to 25,000? Higher? Lower? Preakness affect? Does he catch today? DH tomorrow or vise versa?

Nobody (including the Orioles, apparently) cares about today's Rutschman attendance bump. The real question is: how many pages will the May 21 Scott Niedentohl memorial Orioles game thread be? (The SNmOgt for last night's barnburner ran 17 pages.)

• Haha 1