Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

51 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I still think Rodriguez gets ROY because that's been the narrative all season but Rutschman is making it close.  If he finishes with a higher OPS and OPS+, he might be able to edge out Rodriguez.  

I think his case is boosted if the Orioles make the playoffs and he has some key moments down the stretch. 

• Upvote 1

Will be curious to see how Hyde handles him the next 10 games. 10 games in 9 days before the next off day. Didn’t catch Sunday and obviously the off day yesterday. DH this upcoming Monday on Labor Day vs Toronto. Obviously he sits one of those games. Will he want Chirinos catching back to back? Sunday then Monday? He could start Chirinos Saturday and then Adley would start 4 games on, off day- DH?, then catch 4 more games in 4 days.  

Then in an odd twist the Orioles starting on the off day I mentioned are off Sept 8, 12 and 15.  3 off days surrounded by 5 games. 3 games, off day then 2 games off day. Then play last 20 games with zero off days. 

If there is it ever a time to push him it’s now. 

51 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Adley is scuffling a bit right now.

I didn’t get to see the game last night but the Astros were getting him out with a lot of breaking pitches.  Did Cleveland do that last night as well?

He smacked one ball in the shift in shallow right and drove another ball to the wall. Both over 100 mph. He did K on a cutter.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Adley is scuffling a bit right now.

I think you’re right that Adley is scuffling a bit right now, but his idea of scuffling is different than most.  

In his last 8 games covering 34 PA, Adley’s hitting .172/.294/.241.   So, pretty weak.  However, he’s only struck out 5 times in those 34 PA, while walking 5 times as well.   Even when he’s not hitting that well, he’s still having quality at bats.   

On 9/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, Orioles Jim said:

Hopefully Adley is breaking out of it a bit (maybe the almost day off on Friday helped)

Friday: Walk to RBI the GW run

Saturday: 2-5 with a huge homer

Sunday: 1-2 thus far with a walk

Now up to 891 OPS his last 7 days.  Appears to be no longer scuffling.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Without a mental or physical break.  A slump.

He, uh, almost had a full day off on Friday!

I was at the game and I remember being surprised that Mullins pinch hit the AB before him and then thinking that Hyde was taking Rutschman’s day off seriously only to have Rutschman pinch hit for the next batter.

And from my first base line seats, Austin Hays also looked surprised he was getting pinch hit for. 😆

Maybe an 8 inning break is exactly what the doctor ordered!