Saturday, May 21: A new era in Orioles history begins

SteveA

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Gillaspie.

Check the first post in this game thread.

Thanks.

I'd tried to look for the information on MASN's website, but for some reason that's not working for me this evening.

1 minute ago, WillyM said:

Thanks.

I'd tried to look for the information on MASN's website, but for some reason that's not working for me this evening.

That’s what the OH is for 😉 and those game thread OPs are always amazingly informative. 

Just now, Beysbol said:

Tampa is just so good with getting quality pitchers every single time. It's amazing. 

Getting or making?    One of the things I feel has happened with more better data is smarter teams can increase "their" replacement level relative to opponents.   Whether the 2019-2022 Orioles can do this is a bit of a black box as I don't feel for Elias it would have been an organizational priority these seasons.   It's some of why I hope for some extra Wins upside in future seasons beyond what the projections would say.

I hope very little about it is amazing to the sharpest Orioles.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Getting or making?    One of the things I feel has happened with more better data is smarter teams can increase "their" replacement level relative to opponents.   Whether the 2019-2022 Orioles can do this is a bit of a black box as I don't feel for Elias it would have been an organizational priority these seasons.   It's some of why I hope for some extra Wins upside in future seasons beyond what the projections would say.

I hope very little about it is amazing to the sharpest Orioles.

How does such a small market team such as Tampa keep doing this year in and year out? I'm just amazed at what that organization can do. That's why I'm a fan of them.