Saturday, May 21: A new era in Orioles history begins

SteveA

14 minutes ago, justD said:

The threads themselves may become fun banter but the OriginalPost is always about the game, right?

I don't know about "always," but pretty close. The guys who post, and have posted, the lineups and background for the games have done a great job for many years. If that were my job, I would remember to do it about half the time, two-thirds tops. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I didn't remember that Manny's first hit was a 3B. It was funny about Wieters because he was a top 10 all time slowest Orioles runner.

Adley isn't speedy, but he appears to run better than Wieters. 

I went and looked up Manny's first game and yes, it was a triple of KC starter Will Smith.   Yes, the same Will Smith who has been a lefthanded reliever forever in the majors, now with Atlanta after spending quite a bit of time with the Dodgers.   I have no recollection of Will Smith ever being a starter or being  with KC.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I don't know about "always," but pretty close. The guys who post, and have posted, the lineups and background for the games have done a great job for many years. If that were my job, I would remember to do it about half the time, two-thirds tops. 

Remember OFFNY?  Damn those were hard to read lol

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Their streaming is constantly buggy for me and not a good experience. On streaming they force you to watch two commercials first before switching over to the MASN feed. 

I really wish we had Bally Sports

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Their streaming is constantly buggy for me and not a good experience. On streaming they force you to watch two commercials first before switching over to the MASN feed. 

Yep, I've battled that a few times tonight.   I had to use my phone for other things such as ordering some dinner so I stopped the feed between innings and when I restarted, I had to watch two commercials even though the game was in progress and then I was about two batters behind for a while.   Somehow I think I'm only one batter behind now so I caught up some,

But it's annoying, yes.   And one of the commercials they force you to watch whenever you restart is the Draft Kings one with the annoying woman.

Some other 40-man pitchers aside from temporarily ineligible Vespi-Gillaspie.   Believe Denyi Reyes not 10 days yet either.

Alex Wells, Beau Sulser, Zac Lowther, Travis Lakins, DL Hall, Chris Ellis, Marcos Diplan, Dean Kremer

I mean, I'm sure Baumann's arm won't have any strain or anything in the morning.    Believe that would cost MLB paychecks and service time though.

Just now, Beysbol said:

I really wish we had Bally Sports

I'm certain almost any other sports network would be a better experience. Remember the last year Comcast had the Orioles broadcast rights and every game was available in HD. 

Then when MASN took over broadcasting the Orioles it took like three years to get games back in HD. 

• Upvote 1