Sunday, May 22: Rubber Match vs Rays

SteveA

Melanie Newman had Urias batting and running the bases at the same time this inning.    That honestly was a very poor half inning by her.   She made Rutschman’s hit sound like it was a routine fly out until all of a sudden she’s describing Arazorena diving to make the catch.   Then messed up by calling Odor Urias twice.   Didn’t do a good job on Arazorena’s other diving catch either.  

I’ve never been one to bash her and I thought she improved a lot last year, but she’s been bad the last two games.  

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Why couldn't Urias score on Odor's double?  Why  is the 3rd base coach so careful with 2 outs and a .138 hitter coming up?

Just watched the replay.  Urias was just hitting third when the ball got to the cutoff man.  If he'd been sent, the throw would have gone to home instead of second, and he'd have been toast to any accurate throw.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Melanie Newman had Urias batting and running the bases at the same time this inning.    That honestly was a very poor half inning by her.   She made Rutschman’s hit sound like it was a routine fly out until all of a sudden she’s describing Arazorena diving to make the catch.   Then messed up by calling Odor Urias twice.   Didn’t do a good job on Arazorena’s other diving catch either.  

I’ve never been one to bash her and I thought she improved a lot last year, but she’s been bad the last two games.  

She does a good job on pre and post game. She needs a lot of work on the radio. She is not descriptive enough with her calls. I just don’t feel like I can follow the action well when she is on the air. 

12 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Is it me or Elias doesn’t like answering questions? He couldn’t have stayed at answered more questions?

It was nice to get a visit from Mike Elias, dropping in from an alternate universe in which the Orioles are a good team, Rutschman was brought up as soon as he could be, and G-Rod's almost ready to pitch in the big leagues, and it's surprising that the first major leaguer to be drafted in his regime has just debuted.

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

She does a good job on pre and post game. She needs a lot of work on the radio. She is not descriptive enough with her calls. I just don’t feel like I can follow the action well when she is on the air. 

She is no Bill O’Donnell lol