Yankee series

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I feel that if New York is gonna win a game against the Orioles, then the O's are going to make it hard as heck for them to do so. I don't want people looking at our symbol and laughing. I want them fearing it. 

The same goes to visiting Yankees and Red Sox fans who go to see games against the O's at Camden Yards. They treat Camden Yards like it's their summer home where they watch their team beat up on AAAA talent.

I think those days are coming to a close.  

• Upvote 1

Quite the back and forth game tonight.  The bummer for me was that in the bottom of the 7th Gillaspie had Gonzalez down 0-2 and then hit him, then had Trevino down 0-2 and allowed a game-tying single.   Definitely could have won this one, but the bottom of the Yankees order just killed us all night.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldfan said:

That wasn't much of a line-up the O's lost to tonight.

They still had Torres, Rizzo and Judge. Stanton was there for a good portion of the game. The O's just play so many close games that there's going to be nights when some of the "B" bullpen pitchers are going to help or hurt them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Tough loss, but the new theme is that when healthy we can compete almost on a nightly basis. Hyde has the team playing hard. 

That's what has me encouraged. It's not that big of a deal that we lose, but we are "in it" in most games. Every game feels like we have a chance to win. Now, the next step is to turn those close losses into wins, one of the hardest things about a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1