Potential Trey Mancini Trade Destinations

BohKnowsBmore

I would like to see Mancini on a playoff team.  He's definitely not part of the future here.  The O's need the payroll and the positional flexibility they would get from trading Mancini.  Obviously they aren't spending anything on payroll now, I am talking about future payroll.

Who else would have to go to San Diego with Mullins and Mancini if they wanted Abrams in return? An infield of Abrams, Henderson, and Mateo seems interesting assuming Mateo can play a decent 2B and we all keep in mind that he is a 9-hole hitter speedster. 

12 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

With Stowers gettin all the reps in CF recently, I’ve been wondering if they try to package Mullins together with Mancini yo maximize return.  What’s Miamis DH & 1B scenario look like ?

I think the only reason Stowers in in CF is because Diaz is injured and McKenna is up here.   What other candidates are there in Norfolk to play CF right now?  I think we're selling low on Cedric right now.   He and Hays also have 4years, including this year, of service time left.   They also provide the defense needed with the new dimensions.    I expect the trade chips to be among Santander and one of Mancini/Mountcastle.    I think Hays and Mullins stay, for now.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think the only reason Stowers in in CF is because Diaz is injured and McKenna is up here.   What other candidates are there in Norfolk to play CF right now?  I think we're selling low on Cedric right now.   He and Hays also have 4years, including this year, of service time left.   They also provide the defense needed with the new dimensions.    I expect the trade chips to be among Santander and one of Mancini/Mountcastle.    I think Hays and Mullins stay, for now.

Rizer was out there a bunch earlier in the year before he got moved on 5/10.  But I believe you are correct, and that he is out there out of necessity currently.  

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Trading Mancini depends on whether the O's are in the play off race in July or not.

I like where your head's at but it's really too late already to expect the O's to make a run of it. They simply don't have the horses, and I hope Elias wouldn't let the 2nd wildcard spot deter him from making necessary moves to set the team up better next year. 

2 hours ago, oriole said:

Who else would have to go to San Diego with Mullins and Mancini if they wanted Abrams in return? An infield of Abrams, Henderson, and Mateo seems interesting assuming Mateo can play a decent 2B and we all keep in mind that he is a 9-hole hitter speedster. 

That seems like a decently even trade, depending on how you project 3.5 seasons of Mullins (i.e., if you think he's a lock for 4-5 WAR per season for 3.5 cost-controlled years).

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

With Stowers gettin all the reps in CF recently, I’ve been wondering if they try to package Mullins together with Mancini to maximize return.  What’s Miamis DH & 1B scenario look like ?

How is Stowers as a center fielder? I see he's got just 28 games there, and only 12 this year, so maybe it's too soon to be evaluating him there.

26 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

How is Stowers as a center fielder? I see he's got just 28 games there, and only 12 this year, so maybe it's too soon to be evaluating him there.

I think he’s sort of in the same ballpark as Austin Hays as a CF, i.e., he’s competent there but not plus.   Between the two, I’d guess Hays is a little better.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I know we're going to go with the best return, but I hope that if and when the time comes, we send Trey to a winner.  He deserves it. 

I’d prefer not to trade Trey to a mediocre borderline playoff team, but if that’s the best trade offer then I wish Trey good luck and maybe he can be a difference maker on his new team. 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

In the handful of games I’ve watched on MiLb and live he looks like  he does a decent job out there.  I remember him losing a ball in the sun & losing a ball in the lights, but not many other blunders.  He makes the plays and has a really strong arm.   Not the flash out there, but also doesn’t look slow.  I imagine they are trying to figure out if he’s a capable CF.  I do imagine long term he’s a candidate for RF with arm. 

• Upvote 1