Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

As I said in the previous thread. If in fact that quote about "family and geography" is true, then to me, it eliminates the Angels, Yanks AND Red Sox. To me it is down to Washington and Baltimore. That's just one man's opinion however. There's no way it could be based on Family AND Geography if he ends up in Boston IMO. Time will tell.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I said in the previous thread. If in fact that quote about "family and geography" is true, then to me, it eliminates the Angels, Yanks AND Red Sox. To me it is down to Washington and Baltimore. That's just one man's opinion however. There's no way it could be based on Family AND Geography if he ends up in Boston IMO. Time will tell.

This is what my opinion is too. It is between the Orioles and Nationals. And in light of the post I made in the earlier thread, that the Nationals have Mets, Phillies, etc in the standings, and they believe that they'll follow the Rays' path from worst to first. I just cannot see Tex believing that will happen. So it deducts the Nationals, which leaves the Orioles. So, yes, time will tell.

Last night I was listening to MLB on XM and they discussed the Tex. situation when Boston met with he and Boras. Kevin Kennedy suggested (as did someone else on this board) that maybe Tex was getting back at Boston because they originally drafted him, and that he might not want to go to Boston.

Who knows, I just thought it was funny to hear that after reading someone make the same suggestion on this board.

Just heard on XM radio that the Red Sox and Tex are are closing in on an aggreement and that they might be finished as early as tonight.

Well I guess it's time to try to search for more information about this then.

I hope this is just speculation based on Gammons report.

Well I guess it's time to try to search for more information about this then.

I hope this is just speculation based on Gammons report.

Well how come we haven't heard about this then? on ESPN and other outlets? I would say... forgive me... but we will have to wait until midnight to see if there is no news.

Archived