Rosenthal: O's pushing hard for Looper, Redding

section36

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was Cabrera's ERA before lasy years 5.25? 5.55 was it? We should all be able to agree that Looper is an upgrade to DCab. I wouldn't mind the contracts of there was a 2 year offer to Looper and a 1 year offer out to Redding.

Why should we agree to that?

Looper in the AL doesn't look like a good thing...Looper will likely be a 4.7-5 ERA guy...That is around where you would expect DCab.

Looper in the AL doesn't look like a good thing...Looper will likely be a 4.7-5 ERA guy...That is around where you would expect DCab.

Ah, but would Looper be leading the league in walks, hit batters, and ERA?

Ah, but would Looper be leading the league in walks, hit batters, and ERA?

So I guess the idea is that Looper is bad, but not as bad as Cabrera? I understand we need someone to fill these holes, I just wish we were a little more proactive in signing guys like Sheets, someone that could really help us in the future. Signing Looper is treading water, we're replacing mediocrity with more mediocrity, and for too much money.

So I guess the idea is that Looper is bad, but not as bad as Cabrera? I understand we need someone to fill these holes, I just wish we were a little more proactive in signing guys like Sheets, someone that could really help us in the future. Signing Looper is treading water, we're replacing mediocrity with more mediocrity, and for too much money.

I'd like Sheets too but I think the Orioles are very concerned with his injury history. Roch and other media reporters have said this as well.

I'd like Sheets too but I think the Orioles are very concerned with his injury history. Roch and other media reporters have said this as well.

Which is why I say I wish the Orioles were in on him. It seems like they're afraid of his history, though, and I think that's a mistake. I wish we would take a risk on a high-reward guy like this for once.

I got yelled at for calling pitchers like Byrd, Looper, etc., "garbage" last night.

Would "bums" be acceptable? :D

I hate the idea of depending on guys like this but somebody is going to have to eat innings or our bullpen is going to get gassed on a daily basis and the games our offense keeps us in is going to get tossed to the wind.

Name me 3 free agent pitchers that you want? Here is who I want:

Sheets $10-$12 Million per on a 3 year deal.

Kawakami $8-12 Million per on a 3 year deal.

Uehera $6-8 Million per on a 3 year deal.

Outside of that I like Byrd a little, but then there is no one else.

Looper might have a 2-year offer somewhere else, so if we are just looking for three 1-year starters then why did we cut Cabrera loose? I would rather have him at $4 Million than Looper at $6 or $7 Million. Here is my idea:

Guthrie

Olson

Penn

Albers

Patton

Why sign anyone for Millions when we have 3 studs waiting in the wings. Draft another pitcher with the #5 pick this year unless a SS is available. Use the saving from pitching to sign Teixeira and sign high upside picks that might have fell in the draft due to signability. Extend Markakis and Roberts with that pitching money.

Next years starting rotation could very well be:

Guthrie

Matusz

Tillman

Arrieta

Hernandez/Patton/Spoone/Erbe/Penn/Bergenson

He's not rushing because he hasn't signed any.

There were reports we were in on Burnett..then in on Garland...We don't have either of them.

Just because it's rumored we're going after him doesn't mean he's rushing. Obviously he's going to have to touch base with these guys if he might be interested in them somewhere down the line.

Until we sign a Looper or Redding before the Japanese guys and Sheets are off the market you can't say he's rushing at all.

Bigbird has said that AM is worried that his pitching targets may be getting away....He is going after them now.

I think you're a bit off.......the Orioles are very concerned with his salary demand. Same goes for Lowe, as it did for Burnett.

Archived