Hyde said that a starter from AAA would most likely be used Saturday in Boston.

Snutchy

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

ESPN currently gives Lyles for the 1210 tomorrow and blank for the 610.

After extending himself Monday, I'd kind of wished for Lyles to get the extra day, will be curious to see how they gameplay the lunchtime and dinnertime games.

AAA scoreboard gives Grayson as Norfolk's probable for TONIGHT, as appears he may get another rep on 4-days rest against Pat Valaika's lineup.

Weathet in Norfolk looks like rain and thunderstorms. Not sure if it will be continuous rain but might delay or cancel the game  

This series has the potential to be brutal for the pitching staff with the number of games and the way Boston has been hitting lately.  I wouldn’t put GR in this situation for his debut, this year is not about maximizing wins at the ML level.

Hope the staff (and whoever is brought up) are able to hit their spots, limit free base runners and get some breaks on balls put in play.  

And goes without saying that the bats need to wake up. 

1 hour ago, Emory Eagle said:

Hope the staff (and whoever is brought up) are able to hit their spots, limit free base runners and get some breaks on balls put in play.  

This is one of the nicest presentations of "Let's feed some replacement level pitchers to the Red Sox in Fenway" I've ever heard.

Watkins last turn he was one of just two out of >100 SP's with a negative K-BB% ratio, and Keuchel was the other one.   The Red Sox just got Keuchel...everything is coming up Milhouse!

So far Bradish-Lyles-Zimmermann-Wells have done a good job of avoiding that 5-out disaster but even for guys like them that's going to happen once in a while.

It seems like in pregame notes this afternoon Roch or Steve might have content on who is in the traveling party....I figure the 27th guy for doubleheader and an optionable backup or two have already been decided and will be in Boston for the five games in four days.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

This is one of the nicest presentations of "Let's feed some replacement level pitchers to the Red Sox in Fenway" I've ever heard.

Watkins last turn he was one of just two out of >100 SP's with a negative K-BB% ratio, and Keuchel was the other one.   The Red Sox just got Keuchel...everything is coming up Milhouse!

So far Bradish-Lyles-Zimmermann-Wells have done a good job of avoiding that 5-out disaster but even for guys like them that's going to happen once in a while.

It seems like in pregame notes this afternoon Roch or Steve might have content on who is in the traveling party....I figure the 27th guy for doubleheader and an optionable backup or two have already been decided and will be in Boston for the five games in four days.

This series will get the Red Sox back in contention 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Don't think " GROD will be shipping out to Boston ,maybe to find his way home"  As  the Dropkick Murphys said. This tweet posted 1/2 hour ago.

Yep, the only G-Rod related question left is... do they hold him to a short outing like 3 innings tonight so that he could come up and go on 3 days rest Tuesday when we need a 5th starter to join the rotation until Watkins is back?   If G-Rod goes 5 tonight, then Tuesday is out too.

I felt going with Reyes or someone tomorrow as the 1-and-done 27th man to start the game, then bringing Grayson up Tuesday when we also need a starter, was always more logical than going with Grayson in Boston.

But that will only happen if he has a short outing tonight and they go with him on 3DR Tuesday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Roch tweeted that the taxi squad for the Boston trip is:

C Cody Roberts

RHP Cody Sedlock

RHP Denyi Reyes

2 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Roch tweeted that the taxi squad for the Boston trip is:

C Cody Roberts

RHP Cody Sedlock

RHP Denyi Reyes

I hope the O's can get some 7 inning performances from starters, this could get real ugly.  Would it be Sedlock's first ML appearance?

13 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I hope the O's can get some 7 inning performances from starters, this could get real ugly.  Would it be Sedlock's first ML appearance?

Reyes is probably the one who will get activated for the doubleheader and start a game.   Barring injury or having to use 8 innings of bullpen tonight, Sedlock is probably just getting a weekend in Boston and maybe some chowdah out of the deal

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Reyes is probably the one who will get activated for the doubleheader and start a game.   Barring injury or having to use 8 innings of bullpen tonight, Sedlock is probably just getting a weekend in Boston and maybe some chowdah out of the deal

Boston offense is on fire.  I would expect the O's to use all 3 of them.  Somebody has to be optioned if they use more than 1?