Tuesday: Orioles attempt to complete a .500 month of May

SteveA

22 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Legit honest question WTF is this team waiting for to bring up Grod?? What else does the dude have to prove in AAA? Just a terrible decision to use Lowther who's been awful all year. 

I think he will probably come up on this homestand.

18 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

10 unanswered incoming 

I worked late, then ran an errand on the way home.   Got home and turned on the TV just in time to see Urias's double.

So if this is the start of a monumental, historic comeback, I am going to claim responsibility because it started as soon as I started watching.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If Lowther is DFA'ed, does he get claimed?  I'm guessing no.  No team w/ playoff aspirations is going to claim him.  He doesn't have a great arm.  It would have to be a team who has no aspirations to be better, even next year.  Some team like the 2019 Orioles.  Maybe the Nats?

We won't DFA him until we need to add someone to the 40 man roster.

Wonder if we have anyone in AAA who might be ready for the majors and need to be added to the 40 man.   I haven't checked recently...

12 minutes ago, mrbig1 said:

Why do we only lose to bad teams?

13-19 (.406) vs teams with winning records
8-11 (.421) vs teams with losing records, assuming a loss tonight

So even though our % is slightly better vs losing teams than winning teams, the gap is so small as to be negligible, which means in effect we HAVE overachived-vs-winners/underachieved-vs-losers a bit.  Because the difference should be bigger than it is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the O's were worried about Adley finishing in the top 2 of ROY (player gets roster credit for full year), I think they had nothing to worry about.

Still early. Look at how Willie Mays, Brooks, and Cal started out.