Tejada Blurb: Angels interested again?

broberts

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we do get Brandon Wood in a Tejada deal would we move him back to SS or keep him at 3B and move Mora to the OF and keep Hernandez at SS?

Hernandez, Fahey or Gomez as a starting SS is an awful idea.

I guess you should try Wood at SS for the time being and if it doesn't work out, go with a FA signing or a trade or something like that.

I guess you should try Wood at SS for the time being and if it doesn't work out, go with a FA signing or a trade or something like that.

I agree, Wood had pretty decent defense according to the few articles I read on him. The only reason they moved him was to get him in the majors this year because SS was blocked by OCab. He led the league in putouts and tied for the most DP's (99) turned in the Texas League in 2006 even though he had 27 errors.

Hernandez will cost you about .200 OPs at SS. If you can upgrade the offense by .300 OPS you can afford to carry his glove. But you can't do that by just trading Miggy.

C- Ramon(until the offseason or next July and then Wieters is here)

1st- Kotchman

2nd- BRob

SS- Wood

3rd- Mora(unless you can trade him)

LF- Rivera(when he is healthy)

CF- CPat

RF- Markakis

Dh- Knott

Bench: House, Dubois, Gomez

Bedard

DCab

Olson

Loewen

Penn

Guthrie

Burres

Ray

Hoey

Doyne

Walker

Liz

Parrish

Baez

JJ Johnson

Lots of depth in the rotation and pen that we could choose from.

So, heading into next year, if we were able to make that trade, that is about what we would be looking at.

Maybe we trade Mora and then have to find a 3rd baseman and maybe we get another guy for DH or we make Rivera the DH and get a LFer.

But all in all, i like the direction that team would be headed.

We would have Walker, Ramon and some pitching we could look to trade between the offseason and the deadline to help fill other holes.

There are some teams out there that have extraneous gap filling SS to let go of. Jack Wilson comes to mind. Defensively he is Hernandez+ and while he doesnt carry a big stick he will be passable offensively.

I don't know how much the price has dropped on Ronny Cedeno or Angel Berroa, but both seem to have potential - which what I would really look for from a stop gap.

C- Ramon(until the offseason or next July and then Wieters is here)

1st- Kotchman

2nd- BRob

SS- Wood

3rd- Mora(unless you can trade him)

LF- Rivera(when he is healthy)

CF- CPat

RF- Markakis

Dh- Knott

Bench: House, Dubois, Gomez

Bedard

DCab

Olson

Loewen

Penn

Guthrie

Burres

Ray

Hoey

Doyne

Walker

Liz

Parrish

Baez

JJ Johnson

Lots of depth in the rotation and pen that we could choose from.

So, heading into next year, if we were able to make that trade, that is about what we would be looking at.

Maybe we trade Mora and then have to find a 3rd baseman and maybe we get another guy for DH or we make Rivera the DH and get a LFer.

But all in all, i like the direction that team would be headed.

We would have Walker, Ramon and some pitching we could look to trade between the offseason and the deadline to help fill other holes.

Rivera doesn't look to be back until mid August at the earliest. And although, he is hurt, I doubt the Angels trade a big bat.

Rivera doesn't look to be back until mid August at the earliest. And although, he is hurt, I doubt the Angels trade a big bat.

Are you calling Rivera a big bat?

As you said, back in mid August at the earliest...They aren't depending on him i am sure.

Are you calling Rivera a big bat?

As you said, back in mid August at the earliest...They aren't depending on him i am sure.

He's no oversized wifflebat, but he does have some pop. 23 HRs in 448ABs and ISOP of .215...that's not bad, it's much better than Tejada who had 24 in exactly 200 more ABs and ISOP of .168 in 2006.

He's no oversized wifflebat, but he does have some pop. 23 HRs in 448ABs and ISOP of .215...that's not bad, it's much better than Tejada who had 24 in exactly 200 more ABs and ISOP of .168 in 2006.

Yea but he may not even play this year and the Angels will be hard pressed to have him on the playoff roster.

I don't think the Angels hesitate at all in giving up a guy like Rivera..if he was healthy and producing, i would agree with you.

Plus, with the addition of Millar, they don't really have a place for him.

Told you guys the Angels may be interested again. ;)

If i am the Orioles, i put this deal on the table:

Tejada

Millar

Bradford

for

Wood

Kotchman

Rivera

Santana

Carrasco

The Angels improve the ML team a lot in this deal...We take on Carrasco for some salary relief.

They may bite on this.

There is my comic relief for the day. That is a horrible deal for the Angels.

We are not going to get Kotchman in any deal unless Bedard's name is involved.

There is my comic relief for the day. That is a horrible deal for the Angels.

We are not going to get Kotchman in any deal unless Bedard's name is involved.

How so? They greatly improve their team in almost all facets...They trade away a player who may not play this year and 2 guys who have lost a lot of value.

Kotchman is a loss but is more than replaced by Millar and Miggy...Kotchman has struggled the last month.

You can put together all the scenarios you want with 5-6-7 players, but the truth of the matter is those trades are not going to happen.

The Angels are not going to give up having a potential Kotchman-Wood at 1B and 3B for Millar-Tejada. You can throw all those other pieces around and that is fine, but the main players are not moving in that deal.

Archived