MASN announcer propaganda

Tony-OH

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can't blame them for Aiken.

They had no way to know without a pre-draft physical.

Perhaps, but Elias/Sig's system goes a lot off analytics. From what I've heard, they were not do the old school getting to know these players well kind of pre-draft stuff early on in Houston very much. They did with Correa, but you have to wonder if they did their due diligence with some of the others.

I do know they fired a lot of old school scouts and they got rid of all of the people in player development that were people that would disagree with what some of the analytics said. If you are not lock stock and barrel on Elias/Sig's program, you gone!

They are surrounded by sycophants and young new guys trying to break into the business with no professional playing experience because they can read data and know how to put a blast motion sensor on. 

How's that development working out after drafting all those hitters? 

Plus Side:

Gunnar
Stowers
Maybe Hernaiz

Down Side
Pretty much everyone else

Now obviously there's a lot of time left and guys can turn things around, but they system has drafted a lot of guys, including Cowser (5th overall pick), who don't exactly look like everyday players.

Just now, interloper said:

Some of y'all need to take a breath! It's going to be okay. 

I mean it's baseball so sure, I'll be OK.

But these teardowns don't always lead to winning teams, look at the Phillies.

I think it is very fair to question where the team is and how the future looks.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Thanks for the rundown of what you asked and what I said, I had a hard time remembering.  I can't wait for the moment in 2024 when we revisit this post and you hold my feet to the fire about Bradish, Zimmermann and Wells not being in the rotation.

Okay, Tony.  You win.  They all suck, everyone sucks, Elias sucks, Sig sucks, MASN sucks, there's no one on this roster that'll be here for the next contending team except Rutchman if he ever stops hitting like the 9th place hitter on a D3 women's softball team.  

Not sure why you are getting so snarky.  Its a legit question.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Perhaps, but Elias/Sig's system goes a lot of analytics. From what I've heard, they were not do the old school getting to know these players that well kinds of pre-draft stuff. Maybe by getting to know him, his family, his friends, something might of leaked? I really don't know.

Did anyone know there was an issue?

I thought everyone was clueless until he had the physical?

I'll agree that if it was a known issue and they didn't pick up on it that's a bad look.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Not sure why you are getting so snarky.  Its a legit question.

Cause I said "maybe" because...well, it's baseball.  And a lot of **** can happen between now and 2023.  Or the end of this year.  

I never expected Akin to get good, yet here he is.  Same with Lopez.  Holding up these three guys and saying they are what they are at this point and saying they can't be part of the next contending team is a bit irrational and weird.  If we were talking, like I said, about David Hess, Yefry Ramirez and Tyler Wilson, sure, I'd say that they're terrible and they placeholders.  But I think the Bradish/Wells/Zimmermann trio is a tick or two above the guys we've had here before.

Hence the "maybe".  But Tony wanted, like, a definite, concrete answer which...again, I find weird.  None of these guys are top prospect types in the G-Rod/AR class so why would I say any of them should definitely be here?

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Thanks for the rundown of what you asked and what I said, I had a hard time remembering.  I can't wait for the moment in 2024 when we revisit this post and you hold my feet to the fire about Bradish, Zimmermann and Wells not being in the rotation.

Okay, Tony.  You win.  They all suck, everyone sucks, Elias sucks, Sig sucks, MASN sucks, there's no one on this roster that'll be here for the next contending team except Rutchman if he ever stops hitting like the 9th place hitter on a D3 women's softball team.  

See, now you are taking your ball and going on when I ask for specifics. :D

It's hard isn't it when you have to really analyze things and not just make smart ass comments.

I'm perfectly willing to hear an argument that shows me the pitchers (and we're talking starting pitchers here not hitters where I do think there are nuggets) that will be part of a winning contending Orioles team. Oh, and what you do you see that?

It's ok though to just admit you haven't put in the work to answer. It sucks when you do put in the work and then people who haven't take shots at you.

BTW, for the record, I don't think Elias sucks. I just haven't seen the promise we were led to believe we would see by now. Sure, we had COVID and the shortened spring this year, but so did every other team. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cause I said "maybe" because...well, it's baseball.  And a lot of **** can happen between now and 2023.  Or the end of this year.  

I never expected Akin to get good, yet here he is.  Same with Lopez.  Holding up these three guys and saying they are what they are at this point and saying they can't be part of the next contending team is a bit irrational and weird.  If we were talking, like I said, about David Hess, Yefry Ramirez and Tyler Wilson, sure, I'd say that they're terrible and they placeholders.  But I think the Bradish/Wells/Zimmermann trio is a tick or two above the guys we've had here before.

Hence the "maybe".  But Tony wanted, like, a definite, concrete answer which...again, I find weird.  None of these guys are top prospect types in the G-Rod/AR class so why would I say any of them should definitely be here?

But its part of a larger point of, what do we have on this team that helps us become a true contender.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's the entire point though. What I'm trying to get through to you despite your insistence to being snarky and obtuse, is that yes, one of those guys might stick but the chances of all three being nuggets with their stuff, age and experience is not very good. 

Let's say one sticks, we still need three more starting pitchers for a contending rotation since despite the injury I'm going to be positive and pencil Grayson in.