Some Os players will miss the Toronto series

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

What regulations does MLB have in place?  Like, do these guys just go on a "restricted" list for a few days, then can re-join the team?

As part of a recently-struck collective bargaining agreement that will allow for the 2022 season to begin, M.L.B. and the players’ union agreed that players who cannot enter Canada because of their vaccination status will temporarily go on the league’s restricted list, where salary and service time are not awarded, according the league. (Service time is what determines players’ eligibility for salary arbitration and free agency.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/13/sports/baseball/mlb-covid-canada.html

• Like 1

Is there any recent source for this? I know we can look at past seasons and guess but these things change. There was a bunch of hubbub about Judge not traveling to Toronto but ultimately he did. 

Without a source there’s nothing to discuss other than the politics angle which will get the thread locked. 

I thought the Canadian vaccine policy would end up being a major advantage for the Blue Jays this year.  If you can exclude several players from another team every time you play a home game, it should be a huge advantage.  I know there have been starters who couldn't pitch because of not getting vaccinated (Boston and probably others).  Maryland just needs to become a separate country.  Restrictions on people over 6'6".  No Judge in Baltimore.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Is there any recent source for this? I know we can look at past seasons and guess but these things change. There was a bunch of hubbub about Judge not traveling to Toronto but ultimately he did. 

Without a source there’s nothing to discuss other than the politics angle which will get the thread locked. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm going to reopen this thread but it must stay on the subject of the Orioles losing the players and what they will need to do.

I do not care about your opinions on the vaccines and they do not need to be shared here. The fact that people were downvoting different opinions is embarrassing and you need to look inward when it comes to different opinions. 

Snutchy made the right call to stop this for a bit because clearly some of you can't help yourselves. Again, if you want to talk about what the Orioles will do without the players on the field, great. Any comments about the players decision will be deleted or the vaccine will be dinged and deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation and we focus on the Orioles on the field activities with no politics.

Tony..do you think they would call up Stowers for this series and if so, do you think they would do it with the intention of sending him back down or would they just do a rotation with everyone?

Put another way..if Stowers is able to get into the lineup 3-5 times a week (which would be easy I think), is that enough to bring him up for good?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Tony..do you think they would call up Stowers for this series and if so, do you think they would do it with the intention of sending him back down or would they just do a rotation with everyone?

Put another way..if Stowers is able to get into the lineup 3-5 times a week (which would be easy I think), is that enough to bring him up for good?

It's an interesting thought. If Stowers was on the 40-man it would be a no brainer, but we know how Elias has been with bringing guys up if they're real prospects and not on the 40-man. 

I think Stowers, if he's eligible to go, would be a great idea if one of the players that can't go is one of the starting outfielders.