Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

All of us must be on the alert of a scenario possibly developing on a cold night this coming January at the airport, whereby an obviously inebriated John Angelos blares out to local reporters that:

“I haven't any intention of moving the goddamn team”.

Past is prologue.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure how you arrived to 100% overslot.  And any player that's coming out in the draft who's slated to go high is going to be stuck in a POS franchise no matter what.  Tell me the Pirates are significantly better.  

I think they are gonna need to find a chump that will take what they want to give him and not what he’s worth.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

People, to this day, have no concept of Roch has to deal with.  The constant bashing of him is done out of pure ignorance.

Care to enlighten us?  

I'm not bashing the guy, BTW.  He's good at what he does, which is being the positive spin mouthpiece of the organization.  Anyone who doesn't understand what his role specifically is and how he's tied to the organization who bashes him...yes, is ignorant.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

All of us must be on the alert of a scenario possibly developing on a cold night this coming January at the airport, whereby an obviously inebriated John Angelos blares out to local reporters that:

“I haven't any intention of moving the goddamn team”.

Past is prologue.

I do wonder how many Baltimoreans are on high alert and sensitive due to what happened with the Colts in the 80s.

44 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Roch mixing it up by posting a Q&A column today while ignoring the 500 lbs gorilla in the room. It's not working though almost every comment is asking about the Angelos family drama and Nashville. 

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/because-you-asked-1

He can’t ignore all those comments forever?  Or, can he?  Would look pretty ridiculous.  I imagine MASN is working on best way to spin this so that all talking heads say the same exact non descript thing.  You’d of thought they would want to get out in front of this.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure how you arrived to 100% overslot.  And any player that's coming out in the draft who's slated to go high is going to be stuck in a POS franchise no matter what.  Tell me the Pirates are significantly better.  

We haven't reached the day yet where the top prospect in the MLB draft can force a trade to the Yankees or Dodgers and I hope that never happens. 

We're taking this lawsuit seriously because we're Orioles fans, but this isn't on the radar of MLB in general at least yet. I doubt Dru Jones is paying attention unless someone tells him about it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Care to enlighten us?  

I'm not bashing the guy, BTW.  He's good at what he does, which is being the positive spin mouthpiece of the organization.  Anyone who doesn't understand what his role specifically is and how he's tied to the organization who bashes him...yes, is ignorant.  

He's the lead reporter on the sinking of the Titanic but isn't allowed to talk about the screw up of hitting the iceberg.

He hustles, he shows up everyday and does what he can.  He is hamstrung and I am sure there is plenty more he could and would like to say.  But he also likes his job and doesn't want to lose it because some nerds on a message board want more out of him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, emmett16 said:

He can’t ignore all those comments forever?  Or, can he?  Would look pretty ridiculous.  I imagine MASN is working on best way to spin this so that all talking heads say the same exact non descript thing.  You’d of thought they would want to get out in front of this.  

I don't expect Roch to talk about it because he's employed by the team, but at some point he needs to make a statement. All he has to say is, "This is a personal family business matter and an off the field issue. I'm not at liberty to talk about it". 

Because this isn't going to go away anytime soon and just wait until a potential trial begins. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He's the lead reporter on the sinking of the Titanic but isn't allowed to talk about the screw up of hitting the iceberg.

He hustles, he shows up everyday and does what he can.  He is hamstrung and I am sure there is plenty more he could and would like to say.  But he also likes his job and doesn't want to lose it because some nerds on a message board want more out of him. 

Yeah, I don't think that's particularly hard (although he does hustle, I won't deny him that).  I agree, I am sure that he has more he'd like to say and when he quits MASN and writes his tell-all, I'll be first in line to read it.

Speaking strictly for myself, I don't want more out of him because I'm readily aware of his limitations.  

No it won't go away, and Roch likely will respond, when he is told what he can say on the matter.  I don't blame him a bit here.  He knows very well his lane....good for him.

And Jones telling the O's not to draft him?  What's he gonna do?  Not take the most money in the history of the game?  That is laughable.  Also as an added benefit, he might be drafted by a team that is sold to someone who can afford to invest in the success of the team.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I do wonder how many Baltimoreans are on high alert and sensitive due to what happened with the Colts in the 80s.

The Colts leaving also helped spread the false narrative that Peter Angelos saved the Orioles from being relocated. Angelos didn't save anything his winning bid to purchase the Orioles happened in 1993. 

Orioles Park opened in 1992 and immediately become a cash cow for the franchise. There was no potential owner by 1993 that would relocate the Orioles with OPACY being praised as the best ballpark in MLB and starting a renaissance into the contstruction of new ballparks. 

Yet there are still fans who give credit to Peter Angelos for saving the Orioles from leaving Baltimore. Please. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I don't think that's particularly hard (although he does hustle, I won't deny him that).  I agree, I am sure that he has more he'd like to say and when he quits MASN and writes his tell-all, I'll be first in line to read it.

Speaking strictly for myself, I don't want more out of him because I'm readily aware of his limitations.  

Oh, I don't think his job is hard.  I don't think most people have a hard job but especially someone who gets to write about a baseball team.

But bashing him and saying he doesn't have a hard job are 2 different things.  People bashing him are just ignorant.  Like, I can see if you disagree with him or if you would like to see him be more knowledgable or whatever.  But that is different than bashing him and you have a few people who just always do that and its just dumb.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

No it won't go away, and Roch likely will respond, when he is told what he can say on the matter.  I don't blame him a bit here.  He knows very well his lane....good for him.

And Jones telling the O's not to draft him?  What's he gonna do?  Not take the most money in the history of the game?  That is laughable.  Also as an added benefit, he might be drafted by a team that is sold to someone who can afford to invest in the success of the team.

His dad did make 100M in the sport.

Getting the largest signing bonus might not be his chief concern.

I'll allow it's pretty unlikely.