Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

14 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

You're right it would be, at a minimum, a big problem and destructive of value. Not sure how it would play out, but the uncertainty and potential value destruction would be another strong reason for the owners to reject the request to move. They don't like uncertainty of the sort that the Angeloses have provided in the MASN litigation.

They would sell MASN to the Nationals or there would be no sale of the team IMO.  MASN is worth a massive amount of money, they aren't just throwing it away. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

They would sell MASN to the Nationals or there would be no sale of the team IMO.  MASN is worth a massive amount of money, they aren't just throwing it away. 

I'm sure the Nationals would pay market rate for something the O's are trying to force them to buy.  How about pennies on the dollar.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Angelos brothers hard at work.

burns.gif

According to the team's official website, John is the Chairman and CEO.

It's a very small management group, and Lou has no office with the team. He may be raking it in no more than Smithers, and there may be something about that in the complaint.

Chairman and CEO: John Angelos

Executive Vice President and General Manager: Mike Elias

Senior Vice President, Administration & Experience: Greg Bader

Senior Vice President, Chief Revenue Officer: T.J. Brightman

Senior Vice President, Community Development & Communications: Jennifer Grondahl

Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer: Michael D. Hoppes, CPA

Senior Vice President, Human Resources: Lisa Tolson

• Upvote 1

What's sad is that what we're reading in this initial story is most likely just the "tip of the iceberg".  This could get really nasty very quickly.   

As a 60 year old lifetime Orioles fanatic it hurts to see this once proud franchise being dragged thru the gutter by this greedy ownership family.

• Upvote 1

1.  There is a trust in place.

2. Lou is upset enough to bring a lawsuit.

3.  Lou is not using the Angelos law firm in spite of leading it.  He got outside counsel.

4. The lawsuit is Lou's perspective.

5. Peter has a heart condition.  No word on his mental state.

6. No word from Georgia.  What is said about Georgia is from Lou's perspective and  since the lawsuit is against Georgia and John, Georgia probably does not agree with Lou.

7. No word from John.

8.  Anyone can sue for any reason.  Merit is yet to be established.  We need to know more.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

When the Colts got spirited away in the dead of night in those Mayflower trucks, it ended my interest in football. I tried watching the Indianapolis Colts the next year but it just felt weird, and when the Ravens came to town, I didn’t care, since they were just the Browns in a different wrapper. 

My experience as well. Only baseball since then.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

1.  There is a trust in place.

2. Lou is upset enough to bring a lawsuit.

3.  Lou is not using the Angelos law firm in spite of leading it.  He got outside counsel.

4. The lawsuit is Lou's perspective.

5. Peter has a heart condition.  No word on his mental state.

6. No word from Georgia.  What is said about Georgia is from Lou's perspective and  since the lawsuit is against Georgia and John, Georgia probably does not agree with Lou.

7. No word from John.

8.  Anyone can sue for any reason.  Merit is yet to be established.  We need to know more.

Probably not a great idea to use your own lawyers in the law firm named Angelos.

Good points. Here is something in the Baltimore Sun article on point 5:

The suit lays bare an ugly battle within one of Baltimore’s most prominent families in the twilight years of its patriarch, the 92-year-old Peter Angelos. While the turmoil had been ongoing, it stepped up as the Orioles owner’s mental faculties faded.

Could get ugly or could maybe get settled without more dirty laundry exposed with both agreeing to a sale.Otherwise could see current and former Oriole employees testify  

WBAL TV had nothing about the fued this morning. WBAL radio has nothing about this and nothing on their website Heard three Oriole commercials I guess since they are the radio flagship they are quiet for now All the other three TV stations that have local news have it on their website.

I think moving to Nashville is definitely in play  A growing city and John Angelos lives there.We shall see,plus the lease expires next year.