Keegan Akin hurt?

Going Underground

I guarantee: if Akin moves to the rotation, he will immediately struggle. Like immediately. Leave the guy where he is. The cracks are already starting to show a little bit lately with a few more walks and runs allowed. Not many, but a few. Just... leave him. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’ve got mixed feelings about it, but I’m not too worried about shattering Akin’s confidence.   He’s seen that he can perform well in this role.   His mindset has been different this year right from day one and it would be interesting to see how that would play for him as a starter.   But, I do think he’s been very valuable in this role so I’m hesitant to change it.  

I think once he proves he can keep up this effectiveness for a full season, you mull over your options. Part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to drop and hitters to catch up to him. So if that happens and he struggles, at least it’s a lot easier replacing him in his second or third inning of relief than his second or third inning as a starter.