O's are willing to move Tillman in right deal, per Roch

Sterling Bird

Would the Baltimore Orioles trade Chris Tillman to the Cincinnati Reds for firstbaseman Joey Votto?

The Reds reportedly are high on firstbase prospect Yonder Alonso.

This is what entered my mind. With Krivisky here knowing what the Reds have, maybe? But it would take more than just Tillman.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pass. :no:

So, wait, let me get this right: you won't trade Markakis for prospects, arguing that you don't trade ML value for MiL value.

But you won't trade Tillman for Votto, because you...don't trade MiL value for ML value?

I'm not saying I make the trade, myself. But is there an inconsistency here?

So, wait, let me get this right: you won't trade Markakis for prospects, arguing that you don't trade ML value for MiL value.

But you won't trade Tillman for Votto, because you...don't trade MiL value for ML value?

I'm not saying I make the trade, myself. But is there an inconsistency here?

I would trade Tillman for a young, MLB pitcher.

Lucky Jim made a hell of a point in IMO.

Something of this nature cannot be based on numbers.

Stats just are not always the answer and the end all.

Especially with prospects.

You can just as easily tell something about a young man by how he handles himself. How he responds to different types of people and different types of situations.

There is a lot more to say about a prospect, especially a pitcher, about how he responds to adversity more so than the numbers he puts up in the Caroline League.

These are all taken to the next level, and some people adjust, and others cannot. You can teach things that help people put up better numbers and to get better. But you cannot teach someone how to react when the s@#$ hits the fan.

I know this had nothing to do with Tillman/Arrieta, just throwing it out there.

Let's remember what BB has been saying...that Arrieta may get a real shot at the rotation very quickly.

My guess is the Orioles see Arrieta as more advanced and more ML ready.

He throws harder...Sounds to me that Arrieta may have better stuff but obviously, Tillman is young enough so that he can get much better.

I would only trade Tillman if it were part of a package for Peavy...could Tillman, Reimold, Olson and one more guy get it done?

Tillman could be a #1-#2 starter, and the O's need at least two of Tillman, Arietta and Matusz to develop into frontline starters to have a shot of competing in their current development cycle. I would definitely not trade any of them straight up for Votto. I like Votto and he's probably worth more on the market than Tillman, but the O's need Tillman more and I don't see how they replace him if trade him for a hitter...Tillman and Snyder for Votto and Bailey, maybe?

Let's remember what BB has been saying...that Arrieta may get a real shot at the rotation very quickly.

He throws harder...Sounds to me that Arrieta may have better stuff but obviously, Tillman is young enough so that he can get much better.

Which pitchers of our MiLB core do you see getting a ST invite if only to give them some experience and look them over? Tillman had a few reps last year.. anyone else this year?

You agree with Arrieta getting a shot at the rotation as soon as this summer?

I'm just worried he might be another Penn/Olson/Liz/Loewen type if he does. Then again, there comes a point where either you're gonna figure it out or you're not...

Archived