Future Second Baseman

connja

Future at 2nd base  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the next player to start 100+ games at second base for the O's?

• Vavra
    • Pierto
    • Westburg
    • Someone else within the Org (name in comments)
    • Someone currently outside the org

5 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Why do you say that?

It’s a reference to the fact that his name is misspelled.  We don’t have a player named Pierto.  

Putting that to one side, Vavra and Westburg are likely to get to the majors before Prieto so it’s more likely that one of them gets to 100 games before Prieto does.  

I have a good feeling Vavra will surprise people and has a good chance of being our next starting 2B (whether he's traded with Westburg and Henderson right behind him, and Prieto, too, is another matter).

Guy hits wherever he goes (.866 OPS so far at AAA, SSS, that said), and I always bet on these high OBP players to outperform a bit their prospect ranking. Feel like he's a player that might be a bit slept on here. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

lol, I guess you might win on a technicality since the OP didn't specify not to include Odor since he isn't seen as more than stopgap at 2B. 

I hate to go against the spirit of the conversation, but I must pedantically demand my props.

• Thanks 1

Tricky question because I think it depends on if Gunnar and Westburg could stick at SS. I’m going with they do so I’ll say Vavra. Vavra has a good stick, but questionable defense, and he’s hurt all the time. I don’t even think Vavra can play in 100 games period, but if he can he’d likely be our version of Zobrist/Swiss G.