Are the Orioles your #1 team overall?

EOGDOT

I used to live and die by the O's, but then football came to town and the Ravens success seemed to coincide with the Orioles downfall.

Now its

1. Ravens

2. Orioles

3. Terps football and bball

4. Caps/Wizards

Still hurts when the O's blow it, but its better that the Ravens are in the playoffs every other year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've known the O's my whole life, suffered with them for 29 years. The Ravens have been here 12 years. I don't really consider one team over the other, but the Ravens are a much more satisfying team to root for and the NFL is a much better league and funner sport to watch than the MLB.

Many folks say this about football, and I don't necessarilty disagree myself with it. I will note though that the two sports are quite different. One plays once a week, for 16 games (regular season). The other plays almost every day for some 162 days. One appeals more because of the physicality of the sport, the other, not so much. My two cents....

Neck and neck between the Skins and O's for me.

It's interesting though, usually by mid-August I can't wait for football season and I'm sick of the O's yearly tailspin.

Then again, usually right around this time of year I'm disgusted by the Redskins and can't wait for spring training to start.

It's a vicious circle :)

This pretty much echoes my thoughts exactly.

Alabama football is steadily climbing the ladder to the point where it's pretty much neck-and-neck with those two. This season helped and proximity is also key.

Alabama basketball and baseball are a few rungs below. Then there's William & Mary sports which will occasionally catch my attention. Go Tribe!

My dad's from Kansas City, so he got me on most of my sports allegiances, but while he tried his hardest to sell me on the Royals, going to games at Camden Yards was just too exciting. It's weird because if you asked me 10 years ago, I'd say the Chiefs were far and away my favorite team. I guess it's easier to watch and follow baseball when your team is terrible:

1. Baltimore Orioles

2. Kansas City Chiefs

3. Missouri Tigers

"Don't you root for any good teams?" has been a common question these last few years.

Right now

1a - Indianapolis Colts

1b - Baltimore Orioles

Reverse that once we hit March

3. WVU Mountaineers

4. The BEast

5. Ball State

My interest in the NBA has waned in recent years to the point where I really don't care. It's such an inferior game to NCAA basketball IMO.

That's great. I have actually been playing lately and my jumpshot is improving. I'm a guard.

It is rare, but I will occasionally meet a Vikings fan in this area. It shocks me every time and I always get the sense that the feeling is mutual.

Let's hope to end the playoff drought this year! Rep to you!

Back at you, my friend!

Tin Cup, beaner and NJOriolesFan are other followers of the original men in purple. From what I've been able to tell, the Vikes are actually a relatively popular team nationwide. The only NFL game I've ever been to was at FedEx field a few years back when the Vikes played the Skins (the game where Moss walked off the field early). Place was at least 25% Vikes fans.

Back at you, my friend!

Tin Cup, beaner and NJOriolesFan are other followers of the original men in purple. From what I've been able to tell, the Vikes are actually a relatively popular team nationwide. The only NFL game I've ever been to was at FedEx field a few years back when the Vikes played the Skins (the game where Moss walked off the field early). Place was at least 25% Vikes fans.

Vike fan rep......:scratchchinhmm:

;)

FYI (you may have these on your fav list already, no doubt you do) but

Two of my favorite Vikes web sites I like to follow. :clap3:

Back at you, my friend!

That's great. Oddly enough I still root for Moss. He seems to have cleaned up his act a bit and he is a tremendous talent. I think overall I just want him to be better than TO.

In 2000 I took a trip out to Minneapolis and saw a game at the Metrodome. It was a Monday night game against the Buccaneers, which we ended up winning at the last minute. I believe it was a bomb from Culpepper to Moss that sealed it. There was some kind of great defensive play too, but I forget. I remember walking out of the stadium and high-fiveing some guy dressed completely as a viking. That guy was cool.

Archived